For the last couple of years I have had a problem that just seems to be getting worse. I play guitar and my hands (especially my left hand) start to hurt. At times it feels like a burning pain and at other times it just feels really strained. I often can't play guitar intensely for any longer than a minute or two without having this pain and ultimately I just can't play for yet another minute. It makes playing very tedious at times and it is extremely frustrating. Perhaps I am using the computer keyboard too much? I don't know. Maybe it's a pinched nerve but I plan on seeing my doctor soon.

Anyways, any responses are appreciated. This is a really big problem!
Sounds pretty similar to RSI without knowing any details. Firstly, see a doctor. GT cannot tell you whether you have carpal tunnel or not. See someone who can before you really do permanent damage.
Secondly, make sure you're playing without straining yourself. Playing with good form and without over tensing goes a long way to avoiding problems.
Quote by N07HING
Perhaps I am using the computer keyboard too much? I don't know.

There's only using it wrong, not using it too much. I have a desk job and work on a computer eight hours a day, when I get home I usually spent about 2 hours on my personal computer. I don't have any problems, but it all depends on the right desk height and stuff like that.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe