Im in the UK and i want to order from BYO which is an American store they do ship to England and the postage is about £30.00 but the body is only £90.00 (converted) which is less than a stew mac body will they charge tax does anyone know how to found out their rates if not what will the charge me on top of postage and price when they give me the package i know they charge tax with Warmoth.
There is an English company who sells BYOC kits aswell:

http://vibe-o-tronic.co.uk/

And for some more kits check out: http://www.diypedalkits.com/kits.html
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by BKMC
No its a guitar body just of a BYO website.

There are a hell of a lot of UK sites before you go ordering off the US:

AXESRUS
WD MUSIC
ALLPARTS UK

to name but a few. And yes you will be practically killed with taxes. You will be charged a customs fee which is about 4-5% of the value of the part you're ordering, then you will also be charged with VAT which as you know is currently 17.5% (not for much longer though, thank YOU labour! ). Well you might not be if you're lucky, but it's always a big gamble which is why you're probably better off ordering from the UK!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Order it from the UK or anywhere in the EU I just had to pay tax on some stuff I bought from the US and the tax in the end was nearly a third of the price of the item, the post office also charges an obligatory 6£ handling charge. So if I was you I 'd buy from the UK or take advantage for being in the European Union and buy from somewhere in Europe.
Quote by BKMC
Im in the UK and i want to order from BYO which is an American store they do ship to England and the postage is about £30.00 but the body is only £90.00 (converted) which is less than a stew mac body will they charge tax does anyone know how to found out their rates if not what will the charge me on top of postage and price when they give me the package i know they charge tax with Warmoth.

£120 then.

You get charged duty on the combined price. Duty will be 7-10% unless you declare what is inside AND get a specific item code for it.

So now its £130.

Then you get VAT on that

So now its £152.75

Parcel force will charge you £13 (it will be Parcelforce due to the size) for delivering it and collecting the Duty.

£165.75

So...what body do you actually want then?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!