Page 1 of 3
hey guys,

i imagined there'd be alot of guys on here with long hair like i've got. i got some problems though. my hair is rather curly (which i don't mind) and i've been growing it for a couple of years now and got it cut every once in a while. now it's on my shoulders.

thing is, i get lots of knots, i do wash them out and comb them out, but i seem to pull out alot of hair when i do this, even when i hold the hair at the top and then comb it out. as a result, i've got some shorter locks in my hair, and if i'd tie it behind my head, it'll look ridiculous.

any tips?
Cut it.

Very few guys actually look good with long hair, chances are that you're not one of them.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Get a haircut, hippy.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Cut it.

Very few guys actually look good with long hair, chances are that you're not one of them.

I look like secks with the hair of longz.

Mostly because short hair emphasizes the fact that I have an abnormally large head.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Cut it.

What a generalization. Besides, who are you to decide this? If TS wants long hair, wtf do you care? TS, I believe most people with long hair handle this by getting an anti-tangle shampoo. And make sure to brush your hair too.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What a generalization. Besides, who are you to decide this? If TS wants long hair, wtf do you care? TS, I believe most people with long hair handle this by getting an anti-tangle shampoo. And make sure to brush your hair too.

You need to learn what a generalisation is.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
1. regularly use conditioner
2. get it cut more frequently and make sure you get the split ends removed
3. think un-knotty thoughts
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I love it when people get all uptight when somebody expresses an opinion that confilcts with their own.

Chill out, just because Ur all $hit says he thinks long hair looks like crap on most people in no way affects you or your personal choices regarding your precious hair.

He's right though.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I used to have lng hair...nd it is curly 2/// alot of my frnds was like they;re cool and dnt wver cut them...hwever my dad hated it, nd we we're on a constant fight each day becoz of it, until 1 day I cut them off, I was just walkin next to the barber shop, I dnt know y but I just did, and u knw wat: I'm Glad I did! it is much easier nw to live wiz...nd every1 agreed I'm much better lookin right nw...lng stry short:CUT IT
Quote by Metalloy
I used to have lng hair...nd it is curly 2/// alot of my frnds was like they;re cool and dnt wver cut them...hwever my dad hated it, nd we we're on a constant fight each day becoz of it, until 1 day I cut them off, I was just walkin next to the barber shop, I dnt know y but I just did, and u knw wat: I'm Glad I did! it is much easier nw to live wiz...nd every1 agreed I'm much better lookin right nw...lng stry short:CUT IT

MY EYES! THEY MELT!
Quote by Metalloy

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have a winner.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I had long hair for about a year until I realised it looked shit
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Condition it every day or every other day. I had the same issue, I also found that brushing it all the way out with the conditioner in (in the shower) helps, then go through it real quick after (while it's still wet) and you're golden. Wash it too, not as often though. I was mine 2-4 times a week depending on how sweaty I am.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
I had long hair for about a year until I realised it looked shit

This.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I have naturally curly hair (I'm a girl though) and mine pulls out easily too but not to the extent that you can tell, maybe you have thin hair or (don't take this offensively) are losing your hair slowly?
I just wash mine with curl friendly stuff, rinse it properly and then comb it, you generally don't brush curly hair as it goes frizzy.
Quote by Metalloy

Why did you miss the 'o' out of 'long' and 'story', but not 'short'? ._.

TS: brush it before you wash it. Conditioner gets rid of knots, so you can also do that and brush it while showering. Works for me.
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
Quote by Tyrannt Obscene
wash every 2nd day, condition everyday, without fail! works for me, my hair's down to my bellybutton

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Metalloy
hahahah:P sry evrybdy, this is hw I chat wiz ma frnds!

Are your friends mentally retarded too?

Seriously, it takes no effort to at least type legible sentences. Nobody is expeting a literary masterpiece, but at least give us some semblence of legibilty?

Please?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Are your friends mentally retarded too?

Seriously, it takes no effort to at least type legible sentences. Nobody is expeting a literary masterpiece, but at least give us some semblence of legibilty?

Please?

If he speaks like that, do you expect him to understand big words like those? :/
You're = You are
Your = Belongs to you

There = Not here
Their = Belongs to them
They're = They are
Thx.

Quote by Tim the Rocker
Good grammar is like sex. It feels good.
english is not our native language...and I can write as good as you, even better! but this is not an english class for god's sake! it's UG...**** yourself already!
is this good enough for you, Asshole!
Quote by Metalloy
yea I can undrestand big words! bigger than your mother's pussy!

what in the...

Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Theres a difference between having english as a second language and tYpn lk3 d1ss cos itzz kewl.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

Quote by ICOG
Theres a difference between having english as a second language and tYpn lk3 d1ss cos itzz kewl.

still I am able to understand what you're sayin so it is cool!
and for the record english is my third language not second
I'm a girl, but I have the same problem - long and curly hair that gets tangled a lot

I use a LOT of conditioner and I don't blow dry it completely, just enough so it's not overly wet. I also have this hair moisturizer that seems to work pretty well. I still brush my hair like 30 times a day though.

The hair falling out is probably just because it's heavier so it pulls down more. I used to have really long hair almost all the way down my back, and when I got a haircut I could see that it was falling out less.
cat
Quote by Metalloy
english is not our native language...and I can write as good as you, even better! but this is not an english class for god's sake! it's UG...**** yourself already!

Minus the overall lacking of capitalization, ya did good, Champ.
Quote by goest
Minus the overall lacking of capitalization, ya did good, Champ.

Hahaha:P
Respect!
Quote by Metalloy

Much better.
Doesn't matter if it's not your native language, make the effort to type words out fully like everyone else on the site and we're a lot nicer.
I never understood why anyone would use "txt" speak when at a computer with a fully functional and operational battle-station keyboard.

Except the grammar nazis. They're never nice.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Last edited by osXtiger at Aug 31, 2010,
I tend to type in the way it takes least time and effort and is still manageable to read...I'm not trying to give u hard time readin or anything, I beleive that how I write is acceptable for the rest to be able to understand...so for all of you out there...this is probably my last post where I type all the words out fully
thank you :P
Quote by Metalloy
I tend to type in the way it takes least time and effort and is still manageable to read...I'm not trying to give u hard time readin or anything, I beleive that how I write is acceptable for the rest to be able to understand...so for all of you out there...this is probably my last post where I type all the words out fully
thank you :P

But it doesn't take much to type well. I'm on an iPod right now and I'm still
making an effort. It's not hard at all!
Oh, and it took virtually no time to type that.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by jmonko at Aug 31, 2010,
Quote by jmonko
But it doesn't take much to type well. I'm on an iPod right now and I'm still
akin an effort. It's not hard at all!
Oh, and it took virtually no time to type that.

YOU STILL MADE A MISTAKE

fix it
Quote by Don_Humpador
YOU STILL MADE A MISTAKE

fix it

Happy now?
Its a pain to post on here from an iPod.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
Happy now?
Its a pain to post on here from an iPod.

Yes, my true sense of inner calm and serenity comes flooding back.
Page 1 of 3