Hi guiys! New here!
I have a Yamaha Pacifica 012, and like all other guitars, my input gets loose from time to time. I know how to use wrench perfectly fine, ths only thing that holds me back from screwing it all the way in is that I am afraid to make the guitar crack. So my question is, how far can I screw the bolt in without crackin the guitar?
BTW, most guitars have headstock angled backward to pull the strings down to the nut right? Well on my yamaha 012, the headstock actually sort of goes forward a bit, is that an issue?
Thanks for reading, plz tell me if I made any mistakes that is not welcomed in the forum (noobie here).
Last edited by RayL at Aug 31, 2010,
everything is fine, bro. the headstock on your guitar is designed after a fender stratocaster, so it is fine.

And the nut you are wooried about is a common issue with those guitars. Just keep re-tightening it ever so often. These are just cheap beginner guitars for a reason!
Quote by charles_ebarb
everything is fine, bro. the headstock on your guitar is designed after a fender stratocaster, so it is fine.

And the nut you are wooried about is a common issue with those guitars. Just keep re-tightening it ever so often. These are just cheap beginner guitars for a reason!

THx man, don't quite understand y that they would have the headstock foward though haha!
Quote by charles_ebarb

By the nut, I suppose u meant the input jack?
uhh. yea. sorry! hahaha! it's 8 in the morning, and I am on my 1st cup-o-joe. I normally wake up around the 3rd pot. LMAO
Sry, I forgot to make one thing clear:
When I say that headstock is foward, I actually mean that the headstock are tilting foward a bit. I don't mean flat. Is that still ok?
Thx
Quote by RayL
Sry, I forgot to make one thing clear:
When I say that headstock is foward, I actually mean that the headstock are tilting foward a bit. I don't mean flat. Is that still ok?
Thx

No. that's not right at all. what guage strings are you using?
Quote by charles_ebarb
No. that's not right at all. what guage strings are you using?

I am using Earnie Ball 0.10 Regular Slinkys
SO it is a problem?
(worried)
Quote by beckyjc
I dont understand what you mean? Pics of the headstock by any chance?

sure
im just tryin to find out how u link the pics
The pics are here!
This is one is with strings:

This one is with the strings taken off:

Please tell me if there is something wrong, I am worried
THX
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I think it is from the wood being kind of week. What I would do is get a string guide bar like they put on floyd rose guitars and put it on. That way the pull of the strings will be leveled out flat with them coming off the tuning pegs. Instead of ramping up from the pegs to the nut or just put 9's on it. My headstock does the same thing on my old Cort with larger strings but I only use 9's so I never had to get a bar for it.

U meant those string trees sir? (the little metal thing that holds the string down)
Quote by Way Cool JR.
It is actually a string retainer bar I am talking about like pictured below. String trees only hold two strings at a time. LINK
(Invalid img)

is this really a problem i should care about though?
I mean it doesn't really affect my playing...
Quote by Way Cool JR.
It may not hurt but to me I would be worried but I stress over a lot of things LOL. I do think with that kind of flexing that it would be hard to keep the guitar tuned right. I would also fear of it staying bent and getting worse over time when you change strings and it pulls it more. If you want 10's or larger I would put the retainer bar on for all the upward pull is on it and at the base of the headstock. That way you don't have all the leverage from the strings pulling up at the length of the headstock. That or put 9's on it the pull from those are way less than 10's in this case. My Cort did the same thing as your Yamaha with 10's but I did not like them so I just put 9's back on. Other people I know just put the retainer bar on for this problem.

Here is an example I am talking about. If you feel better have a shop put it on for you it is just 2 screws and getting it centered with the strings.
(Invalid img)

Wow thanks a lot man! That really helped.
I guess I will just go back to 9s. I've been using 10s for more than a month now and I hope that doesn't bent the headstock permanantly