I'm gettin a new noise gate b/c the stupid boss ns-2 sucks and the bigger my rig gets the worse the noise, not to mention it sucks the s^@t out of my tone, soooo I'm upgrading. Can't decide between the ISP Decimator pedal or the Rocktron Hush super C or whatever it's called. The other guitarist in my band uses the Rocktron and he doesn't have any problems, but I'm wondering if the extra money on the Rocktron rack will even be worth it compared to the ISP, or if the ISP may perform better. Any Suggestions?
the ISP.......without a 2nd thought...
There are better pedals but I wouldn't exactly go "Z0mg t3h Ns-2 iz t3h sux0rz" I like mine

That being said I would take an ISP Decimator G String given the choice
I have and use both. The hush in the loop, and the ISP in front of the amp.
This set up lets me dial in a perfect amount of gate that works with all my channels, and other pedals.

If you get JUST one, get the ISP decimator G string. I do highly recommend getting both though
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Ok well lets just say for now that I don't want to spend the extra money on the G-string. Which one would be better the regular decimator or the hush? I play with high gain 95% don't know if that would effect the answer.
The regular decimator will work fine....
Just running one, the decimator might be the better choice. However, your gonna have to compromise.
If you put it in front of the amp, it will help with feedback and such, but you will still have the pre-amp hiss.
If you put it in the loop, it will be nice and quiet, but if you ever go to a clean channel, your likely to but cutting the notes off pretty early.
The benefit of the hush unit is that it reduces noise WHILE your playing as well as gates the sound when your not....this reduction of noise makes it easier for the gate to do it's job as well.
If you don't change channels or volume....put it in the loop.
If you do change channel and/or volume, put it in front of the amp...and save up for a hush for in the loop.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
I use the ISP and I havent noticed (after tests with an fx loop) any tone loss/change. just the hiss is gone.

Actually, I bought a Decimator a few months ago (3-4) and I got all the hiss away before the amp. Just today I made a deal of another ISP Decimator to remove the hiss in the amp, so placing that in the loop. It gonna be dead silent. The 2nd Decimator is coming in the post, the guy will put it in the post tomorrow, so this one is a fresh deal.

Jonathan

Oh and yeah, get the ISP. Its all you want from a noise gate. Exept dual outputs/inputs, but Im gettin another one for that reason.