Sup guys.
Recently my picking hand is feeling weak - at times I can play 100% but more often than not I can't pick fast for more than few seconds. I had this problem ages ago when I first started playing but it's coming back now, and I'm not sure why. It's not a case of having a bad day/week/month, I physically feel my hand is weaker for some reason. I don't really know what to do.

Any suggestions? It seems like if I have a day of rest, I'm back to 100% again. Obviously I don't want to be only able to play every other day. Maybe it's my warmup, I don't really have one, I just play some riffs for few minutes and then jump straight into it.
This used to happen to me, sometimes when i drank Fanta

Just focus on something else and it will happen less and less, it hasn't happened to me in a long while now.
Quote by piszczel
Maybe it's my warmup, I don't really have one, I just play some riffs for few minutes and then jump straight into it.

I personally think its good to warm up, and do some stretchs before you start playing. helps loosen up those muscles, its only like 5 minutes of your practice time to stretch. 15 minutes for a bit of picking, finger exersices, before you start cranking out.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Last edited by maximumrocker at Aug 31, 2010,
Quote by maximumrocker
I personally think its good to warm up, and do some stretchs before you start playing. helps loosen up those muscles, its only like 5 minutes of your practice time to stretch. 15 minutes for a bit of picking, finger exersices, before you start cranking out.

I don't really know HOW to warmup though. Everyone says, warmup properly yada yada. I do a few stretches. But other than that I don't know what to do. How do you warmup?
Bump.

How do you people warm up?

I played some guitar this afternoon and it wasn't great, but then I played again in the evening and it was much better - obviously my hand was a bit warmed up from the last time I played. Still doesn't solve my problem though.