what kind of symptoms point towards the need for a retube?

I have a fender blues deluxe 40w
Pre Amp Tubes:3 x 12AX7
Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6

which ones do i retube?

what volume level ( o clock) should i expect this amps clean channel to break up.

The drive channel seems over bright but that might not be a tube issue just a crap channel.

I have noticed when gigging (at volume 4/12) cleans start to break up; this seems early.

A side question. I am running an EHX DMM XO and a boss ce-2 through the amps FX loop which creates a lot of hiss; is this normal?
Fender Vintage Hot Rod 62 Stratocastor
Ibanez Artcore AS-103NT
->
TC Polytune
Xotic BB Preamp
Ibanez TS 808
Red Witch Empress
EHX Deluxe Memory Man XO
Carl Martin Hydra Boost
->
Fender Blues Deluxe
If they start turning bluish, time to replace, otherwise 6-12 months is a good time to replace. Pedal through fx, Hiss is normal. Get a gate
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
6 to 12 months? Thats a bit quick. Unless you're really putting them under stress for long periods every day, I'd say that they can often last 2 years or so before they need replacing.
if you gig or play it loud at band practice you will probably need to replace the kit once a year but for mostly home use you can go for over 2 years. That's what my experience has shown me atleast with a HotRod and now a Blues JR
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
do i replace all of them ie power and preamp or just one of them? 2 years of low volume bedroom + the occasional gig sound like they need replacing?
Fender Vintage Hot Rod 62 Stratocastor
Ibanez Artcore AS-103NT
->
TC Polytune
Xotic BB Preamp
Ibanez TS 808
Red Witch Empress
EHX Deluxe Memory Man XO
Carl Martin Hydra Boost
->
Fender Blues Deluxe
Am I the only one who read the thread title as 'When to Redtube?' ?
Loss of high frequencies, muddy chords, static, microphonics, drops in volume, etc. can all point to the need to retube. Different symptons are associated with pre and power amps, however. With average use, preamp tubes should be replaced every 2-3 years while power amp tubes should be replaced every 6-12 months.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)