I've just really been wondering, what is the difference between EMG's 81 and the Chrome/Gold version other than the look. Would they sound any different?
They may, but it may be negligible and if they did, EMG may have voiced them just enough so they sound like normal. Either way, I'm doubting if they do, that you'll notice.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
I believe the difference is that the gold and chrome ones taste slightly better than the regular ones.
Quote by PeeInMyAss
I believe the difference is that the gold and chrome ones taste slightly better than the regular ones.

well its good we dont eat pickups then isn't it ,but yeh i think the type of metal/covers you use will change the sound slightly, some might be able to tell the difference, some might not. Its like some people can tell the difference between 1 ply and 3 ply scratch plates
@jecox ssssoooo ssweeeet that whole set up is so sweet. If I had any distortion/delay setup it would be the akai headrush and BM. Awesome set up.

^ Chris poland says he can hear the difference between black anodized poles and standard nickel ones...

The only difference you'll hear between the covers is placebo, my friend.
------

Shwiggity.