I have an Ibanez RG220 with a Licensed Floyd Rose tremolo system, and I have a problem with the way the tremolo arm screws into the arm sleeve/holder/barrel - whatever terminology you happen to prefer.

I'm sure most of you are aware of this, but for the purposes of clarity, the tremolo arm screws into the threads inside the sleeve, and once it's screwed all the way in, the arm can still rotate 360 degrees as the sleeve rotates freely in the bridge. The problem is that the sleeve seems to be lodged too tight in its own socket, so that I need a lot of effort to rotate the arm to bring it from the default downward vertical position (when it's not being used) to the horizontal position when I need to use it. Also, since the sleeve is so tight and hard to rotate, everytime I move the tremolo arm from the vertical to the horizontal position, I unintentionally but inevitably end up pushing the bridge slightly down at the back (so that the string tension is momentarily increased) even before it's in the desired horizontal position, which is undesirable.

Granted, I could just leave the tremolo arm not completely screwed in so that it just freely rotates inside the static sleeve, but that makes it way too loose and the arm just keeps swinging and swaying everytime I move the guitar a little bit, which is really annoying. Another problem with this option is that the lack of tightness makes for a small gap between the arm and the sleeve, and the arm knocks against the inside of the sleeve when the bar is used, which sounds horrible.

Is there something I can do to loosen the sleeve and smoothen its rotation? Lubrication? Some screw or nut that I can loosen? Any suggestions?
On my RG350, there is a small hole with room for a tiny allen key on the "south" side of the bridge. The trem needs to be dipped all the way down to access it (you may need a helping hand with this)

That's the Edge III trem though, but seeing as it's also Ibanez I thought I'd contribute this just in case
you have to attack it from behind I'm sure.
Open up the back of the guitar.
take a look inside and you should see where the floyd rose's arm sits.
I'm sure there a nut or wut you can loosen.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Well, I actually removed the cover from the back of the guitar and inspected the bridge to see if there was something like what you described, but I didn't find anything. It just looked like the sleeve was inserted through the socket in the bridge with a washer between the sleeve "head" and the bridge, and there were a couple of what looked like nuts on the other side. It was hard to tell if there was a way to loosen the sleeve.
1st off it`s not a floyd it`s a edge 3, they are 2 different trems.....before opening the thread i had a feeling it was ibanez related.

as said there`s a grub screw you need to access...2mm allen key(i think, could be the smallest 1) in the supplied toolkit

push the arm all the way down to the body and look at the bak of the arm pocket, you`ll see a tiny allen bolt just give that a 1/4 turn anticlockwise see how that feels then adjust to taste.
Oh no, ibanezgod, it's not an Edge 3! There's a prominent engraving on the bridge that says "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patent." So, it's not even an original Floyd Rose bridge. I'll have to look for the grub screw on the back of the arm pocket though.
Quote by uday_1984
Oh no, ibanezgod, it's not an Edge 3! There's a prominent engraving on the bridge that says "Licensed under Floyd Rose Patent." So, it's not even an original Floyd Rose bridge. I'll have to look for the grub screw on the back of the arm pocket though.

actually i`m still right...it`s not a floyd or a LFR, it`s a lo trs, which is worse than having a edge 3......ibanez had to stamp LFR on the body to prevent floyd rose taking legal action.....that`s changed now and all modern bridges are now stampted with the ibanez logo
Every RG220 I've seen has this super crappy single locking LFR pictured below. It is honestly the crappiest LFR i've ever seen......it makes a TRS trem seem like a crown jewel in comparison.