I tried making a pencil capo on 12-56 not even slinky earnie ball strings but it rings.
Does a real capo work well on thick gauges? I'm thinking of getting one to tune my guitar back to E standard.
why wouldn't it?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
A pencil capo will always ring if your neck radius is too small because it's perfectly straight. And yes, a real capo will work. Especially if it's one that you hand-tighten.
This thread is full of win. OP you made my day thanks
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
You can bend the strings well with a capo too right? It's basically like a nut on the fret for the guitar?
just use a real capo. like a shubb or a kyser if you must you'll be fine.

and yes you can bend strings and use a capo.... if you couldn't then we all have been doing it wrong.
you can. it's harder to bend on the frets closest to the capo depending on what type you get. all i can say is wow, you must be special
Obviously a capo works on thick strings.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Don't need to be a complete asshole, just making 100% sure so I don't waste money.