Page 1 of 2
Oct 20th Mandalay Bay Las Vegas. Price wasn't too bad, even though I bought it so late. $245 for a balcony ticket. Yeah it's a little pricey, but this is a huge tour with 4 of the some of the original and most relevant Thrash bands ever. Not to mention that 3 out of 4 of them are still extremely relevant. Anthrax....not so much. I would have loved it if Machine Head was the #4 band, but they're not from that era.

Can't wait. That week might turn out to be the greatest week in my life along with the Lesnar vs. Velasquez (sp?) fight at UFC 121

Testament should be part of it

Saw the 'Big Four' live in the cinema here, always loved metal but got a bit bored.
signature
None of them are relevent. Metallica aren't playing Thrash, Slayer are old men trying to play Thrash and Megadeth are barely Thrash to start with. If any of them are somewhat relevent, it would be Anthrax...
Quote by Bullet-Rule

Saw them live in the cinema here, always loved metal but got a bit bored.

Yeah, I was getting pretty bored until Metallica came one(I actually think that they made more mistakes than Slayer, actually), but the drunk/high guy was keeping me amused in the meantime.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by andyscoot
None of them are relevent. Metallica aren't playing Thrash, Slayer are old men trying to play Thrash and Megadeth are barely Thrash to start with. If any of them are somewhat relevent, it would be Anthrax...

Do go on...
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule

Saw the 'Big Four' live in the cinema here, always loved metal but got a bit bored.

I agree with that
True.
They are all pretty awesome bands, but really getting a bit old.
I'd rather pay 1/5 of the price to go see an up and coming band and probably still enjoy myself moar.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Megadeth are barely Thrash to start with

That statement might earn you the rage of both Megadeth and thrash fans
Quote by Nameless742
True.
They are all pretty awesome bands, but really getting a bit old.
I'd rather pay 1/5 of the price to go see an up and coming band and probably still enjoy myself moar.

Yeah, I've seen some great shows at the House of Blues here for about $40-$50 and it was great, but it's THESE four bands playing on one stage. I'm willing to pay to see it, and unlike 1/2 the people on this website I have a job and don't have my parents pay for tickets No offense to you sir
Quote by Bullet-Rule

Do go on...

Listen to proper thrash, then listen to Megadeth and tell me they have anything in common other than 'it's fast', which dosen't make a band a thrash band. Or should i have put IN MY OPINION in bold red letters for you to not get on your high horse?
What's the point of going to a show like that just to sit in the balcony?
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Listen to proper thrash, then listen to Megadeth and tell me they have anything in common

Dude, that is not a valid argument. Obviously everyone has a different interpretation of what is "thrash", but all agree that it began with bands like Megadeth.
Lol... Mustaine and Hetfield are arguably the parents of Thrash Metal, and yet you say Megadeth isn't Thrash?

Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but that excessive growling/double bass pedal stuff came after them, and is in no way the original Thrash Metal, even if you're now considered a "poser" if you hate those bands and love the original ones. Fact is fact.
Quote by Carl_Berg
Dude, that is not a valid argument. Obviously everyone has a different interpretation of what is "thrash", but all agree that it began with bands like Megadeth.

...Right, of course they do, theres no stylistic features or anything

And it all started with Megadeth? Really? Despite being the latest to form out of all the Top 4?

Bands like Sodom, Kreator, Death Strike and Overkill were playing and releasing Thrash before any of the Top 4

EDIT: Growling and Double Bass? Have you been listening to any Thrash at all?
Last edited by andyscoot at Aug 31, 2010,
Quote by Sant_iago_9
Lol... Mustaine and Hetfield are arguably the parents of Thrash Metal, and yet you say Megadeth isn't Thrash?

Sorry to burst your bubble kid, but that excessive growling/double bass pedal stuff came after them, and is in no way the original Thrash Metal, even if you're now considered a "poser" if you hate those bands and love the original ones. Fact is fact.

Oh wait, you're serious?

So liking one band and hating another makes you a poser?
Quote by darkcheef
Oh wait, you're serious?

Blatez.

And I'd contest that Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Motorhead started and evolved Thrash Metal, Megadeth formed when the genre was already on it's feet.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Blatez.

And I'd contest that Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Motorhead started and evolved Thrash Metal, Megadeth formed when the genre was already on it's feet.

*cough* Venom/Celtic Frost *cough*
Quote by andyscoot
*cough* Venom/Celtic Frost *cough*

Well I dislike Thrash Metal so I only know the basics.
Quote by Todd Hart
Blatez.

None of those bands were even remotely thrash. Motorhead doesn't even like being referred to as metal.

EDIT:

Also, WTF IS TS TALKING ABOUT.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Aug 31, 2010,
Jesus ****ing hell you payed $250 for a one night ticket? I spent that much for a 4 day festival.

You just got bent over.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by darkcheef
Oh wait, you're serious?

Liking or disliking anything that has to do with metal bands makes you a poser.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by jetfuel495
None of those bands were even remotely thrash. Motorhead doesn't even like being referred to as metal.

EDIT:

Also, WTF IS TS TALKING ABOUT.

They weren't in themselves Thrash Metal, but their style of play, with fast riffs etc was a forbearer to the genre.
They weren't in themselves Thrash Metal, but their style of play, with fast riffs etc was a forbearer to the genre.

Irrelevant. So using your logic, rock was a forebearer to metal, blues was a forebearer to rock, african slave music was a forebearer to blues, so african slave music is thrash metal.
Last edited by Carl_Berg at Aug 31, 2010,
Why can't you people just like music for what it is, and stop this idiotic bickering about labels?
You're all posers.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Carl_Berg
Irrelevant. So using your logic, rock was a forebearer to metal, blues was a forebearer to rock, african slave music was a forebearer to blues, so african slave music is thrash metal.

That's not what his logic says at all.
TS, that isn't the Big 4 Tour, it happens to be the American Carnage Tour...

It's Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Testament. Metallica's in Australia, but don't have a confirmed tour for that date, so who knows...
Quote by darkcheef
Oh wait, you're serious?

I didn't say that was MY personal opinion if you read carefully...
Quote by Todd Hart
Megadeth formed when the genre was already on it's feet.

After Mustaine played a big role in early Metallica.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Carl_Berg

Yes.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
LOL
have you people forgotten why their called the big four?
Their the bands who managed to make trash become more popular
NO THEY DID NOT START THE GENRE
but they are the most popular thrash bands and that's why their the "big four"

idk why some of you are trying to say
OMFG CELTIC FROST,KREATOR,EXODUS,VENOM SHOULD BE THE BIG FOUR
they weren't popular enough to reach the mainstream status the big four did
and yes I do like these bands not trying to flame here

I REPEAT NOT TRYING TO FLAME
V___V

thank you for your time
HAIL THOR
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
Quote by DangerPat 00
TS, that isn't the Big 4 Tour, it happens to be the American Carnage Tour...

It's Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and Testament. Metallica's in Australia, but don't have a confirmed tour for that date, so who knows...

I'd be pissed if I paid $250 for that and didnt get to see metallica. And I dont think Anthrax is with them. They werent when I saw them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Page 1 of 2