Hi Guys I am saving up for a guitar i mainly play music revolving around guns n roses or thrash metal any suggestions that are helpfull would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by dafto at Aug 31, 2010,
I speak better English and I'm French...

You might get help if you re-write it properly.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster/Seymour Duncan Hot Rails
Seagull Rustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
MXR GT-OD
MXR Distortion III
MJM London Fuzz
EHX Big Muff
Quote by dafto
Pathetic Rich Boy Mutch?

Jealous illiterate boy much?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Jealous illiterate boy much?

Not jealous But you are incredibley so mutch of an a***
Man you're the same guy who was just asking about your spider. I think you should decide to get a better amp first.

EDIT: No one is going to help you if you keep calling people names
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Aug 31, 2010,
Quote by sammo_boi
Man you're the same guy who was just asking about your spider. I think you should decide to get a better amp first.

I Know i just want decent sound i dont know what to do
Quote by dafto
Not jealous But you are incredibley so mutch of an a***

I'd quit being such a whiney little brat if you want some help here.

Also;

mutch = much

incredibley = incredibly

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone

I'd quit being such a whiney little brat if you want some help here.

Also;

mutch = much

incredibley = incredibly

look im after help not sarcasm thats all im trying to cast out here ok?
Quote by dafto

A good start would be to not insult everyone and give some more information about your needs such as budget and what you currently own if anything?
Budget?

Location?

Active pickups or not?

Current amp?

Preferences on a guitar feature wise?

E-Married to Funny_Page
Well you already have a couple of decent guitars. Getting another one is not going to help make your amp sound better. You can put anything on shit but it is still going to be shit.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by dafto

I learn to play first... that's where your sound will come from
Quote by Chrisiphone
Budget?

Location?

Active pickups or not?

Current amp?

Preferences on a guitar feature wise?

£500 Max

Staffordshire

Gear:

Jacky Jackson Strat

Stagg Strat

Line 6 Spider 75 watt

old acoustic

Epiphone es 335

150 watt amp head unkown make
Replace the spider, buy a nice valve amp.

Use the Jackson for thrash, use the ES-335 for Gn'R, you'd be surprised how well it works.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Replace the spider, buy a nice valve amp.

Use the Jackson for thrash, use the ES-335 for Gn'R, you'd be surprised how well it works.

thanyou for help but mutch prefer to buy vavle instead of selling to buy thanx man..
I agree with the others if you are that worried about your sound get a new amp. You have plenty of guitars I'd say sell a couple and buy a nice amp. This is funny because I have the same amp.......
Quote by dafto
Help would be F***ing helpfull not sarcasm??

Sorry....I was 99% sure English wasn't your first language based on the thread's title and original wording in the initial post. Kinda like asking an obviously pregnant woman her due date only to find out she's just fat.
Quote by webwarmiller
Sorry....I was 99% sure English wasn't your first language based on the thread's title and original wording in the initial post. Kinda like asking an obviously pregnant woman her due date only to find out she's just fat.

I'd buy that for a dollar

(BTW, "MUTCH" = ESL or chromosome deficiant)
500 should be able to land you a good used valve combo. Though why you would want to hang onto the spider is beyond me.
Like everyone else said, a new guitar isn't going to benefit you at all. A good amp will. Chrisiphone gave you pretty much the best advice you're going to likely get. The only thing that is going to improve your sound as much as a good amp is practice. It's where the meat hits the metal.
And some parting friendly advice, if you take the time to thoughtfully word your posts and be mindful of your grammar people are going to be more likely to help you. If you insist on using poor grammar and nearly unintelligible phrasing at least be polite. Start calling people names and insulting others and no one wants to help you.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Try what?
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
Buy Schecter, they are t3h br00tz w1th t3h c01l t4pz
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

It's not the best english but it's more than easy to understand the question. So why 10 spam posts?

What's your budget buddy?

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
around 500 british pounds
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
Quote by dafto
Help would be F***ing helpfull not sarcasm??

in fairness, he does have "daft" in his name

les pauls and marshall amps for gnr
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
in fairness, he does have "daft" in his name

les pauls and marshall amps for gnr

XD I Luvs my name and cheers Iii,
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
Based on your use of language and some responses I'm guessing you're young but I guess that's not a crime so I'll try to help as best I can. Here's what I'd do, in the order I'd do it:

1) Having a load of gear doesn't make you a great musician. Go for quality over quantity every time so the first thing I'd do is streamline what you have and get rid of some of the dead wood. Sell the Stagg Strat because it's awful; sell the Line 6 Spider 75 as that is also awful and sell the unknown 150w amp because you certainly don't need anything that powerful and the probability is that it's REALLY awful. Now you've got rid of some rubbish and you have more funds available.

2) Buy a good quality amp before anything else as the amp is 80-90% of your tone. The best quality tone will come from a valve amp but they do tend to be pricey and work best when driven hard so aren't always the best solution for a bedroom player. I use an upgraded Marshall DSL401 because it works well at home and is also powerful enough for gigs. Actually, I'm selling mine soon and you could have that for £300. Seriously, with amps it's best to look second hand as there are plenty mint condition ones on Ebay for a fraction of what they cost new. Valve amps will generally cost more and have less features than solid state amps but remember, it's quality over quantity. If you want more of an 'all in one' solution and you just play at home, then a modelling amp like a Peavey Vypyr 30w or Roland Cube 30X are very good. A good Roland Cube can be had on Ebay for no more than £100. If you want something that is more 'in the middle' you could look at something like the Peavey Vypyr 60w as that is a modelling amp with valves. Not as good as a full valve amp but better than an entirely solid state modeller.

3) Once the amp is sorted out, then you can start looking at your guitar. I'm guessing the Jackson is your main guitar so I'd upgrade that and keep the acoustic and Epiphone as backups that offer some tonal alternatives. Start by listing the features on a guitar that are essential for you. For me it's being a double cut with a humbucker in the bridge. Remember to focus on what's important and that's not shape or colour. Your main concern is the neck; you have to like the neck when you play it. In a way, everything else is secondary to this. Don't get hung up on pickups either as they can be upgraded later; just make sure the guitar itself is right. I'd need more details to make a specific suggestion and I won't do it now anyway as you clearly need an amp first.

4) The basics are now done so you can start to tinker with and refine your sound by looking at things like effects and pickups.

So, get selling that really poor gear you have and don't need and come back to us with details of how much you want to spend on an amp and what you're looking for from it.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Cheers Dude ills get to work right away well soon xD but really i cant sell the amp my parents just baught it me a cople of months ago so ill have to save up for abit with my Side money
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
Last edited by dafto at Sep 2, 2010,
OK, I now quite understand that selling the Line 6 in the near future is realistically impossible unless you have a bloody good reason like joining a band. This explains at last why your focus is more on the guitar. What I'd now do is live with the Line 6 in the short term, sell the other gear I suggested and turn my attention to the guitar. Before anyone can suggest any guitars we'll need answers to these questions:

1) How old are you? (I do have a reason for this)

2) Which model Jackson is it you have at the moment?

3) What sort of music do you want to play with it?

4) Describe the sound you're after.

5) What features do you want in your guitar? Double or single cut? Number of frets?
Trem or fixed bridge? etc.

6) Budget?
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Snap017
Buy Schecter, they are t3h br00tz w1th t3h c01l t4pz

wtf?

schecters are ok guitars at best, nothing special, and people who type like that generally should be ignored at all times

but anyways
i recommend a les paul!
Quote by Creeping_Kwano
wtf?

schecters are ok guitars at best, nothing special, and people who type like that generally should be ignored at all times

but anyways
i recommend a les paul!

There's this little grammatical tool, called sarcasm, that I employ a lot. Apparently you didn't comprehend that. It was sarcasm. The new Schecters are garbage anyways.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Quote by Snap017
There's this little grammatical tool, called sarcasm, that I employ a lot. Apparently you didn't comprehend that. It was sarcasm. The new Schecters are garbage anyways.

sorry haha, my bad
Quote by Creeping_Kwano
sorry haha, my bad

It's all bueno