HI, I'm a beginner and trying to figure out a song and I'm stuck. What is this chord called- Its a C chord only using your pointer and ring finger (omitting the 2nd fret D string-middle finger)?

Is it even a chord?


Edit: oops, sorry thought the 3 was a 2

Cadd9 with an E at the bass

or possibly

"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Last edited by mtforever at Aug 31, 2010,
It's just a CAdd2 first inversion isn't it?
I just realised though that I've used that chord so often without realising it.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Actually, you are only plugging C notes, so I guess it isn´t even supposed to be called a chord, more likely a unison interval plugged at the same time... crazy stuff, huh.
You're still playing the D. TS was just saying (Somewhat clumsily) that instead of playing the E typically found on the D string of a CMaj, you're playing just an open D.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Thanks everyone for your help!! It just sounds better than a regular C, and I just wanted to name it right so that it shows correctly on the tab I submit. I'll just put my own chord chart up on how to play the "C"
Thanks again!!
Quote by MapOfYourHead
What are you guys on?

It's Csus2.

That chord where you take out the E that this chord has two of?
I never thought I'd make such a stupid mistake

C(add9) is the most likely, seeing that TS seems to be using it in place of a standard C chord.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Aug 31, 2010,
I'd call it a Cadd9/E unless something really compelling about the context changed that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.