I need halp. I've preordered Halo:Reach and the limited edition console but I was wondering if there's something I could use besides a state ID or passport as the DMV won't give an ID because of a misplaced hyphen and my passport just recently expired. Or has anyone gotten away with not getting your ID checked?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Thrill-house
I've never had to show ID for a pre-order, just the receipt.

Have they been games that are rated M?
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
I used to work at a Gamestop. Even if you didn't have the receipt, we'd just look you up by name or phone number in the system. We only ID'd on certain games, and if you looked like you were 30, then we didn't ID you. The only other way we ID'd for a preorder was if you were coming to pick something up that didn't seem like it was under your name. For instance, if you're a dude who comes in, asks to pick up your preorder, and the preorder is under Melanie, or something like that, then we would probably ID you. But then again, we know most of our customers fairly well, and we all worked all the time, so we usually knew who preordered what. May just have been the store I worked at.
Quote by X V I I
I used to work at a Gamestop. Even if you didn't have the receipt, we'd just look you up by name or phone number in the system. We only ID'd on certain games, and if you looked like you were 30, then we didn't ID you. The only other way we ID'd for a preorder was if you were coming to pick something up that didn't seem like it was under your name. For instance, if you're a dude who comes in, asks to pick up your preorder, and the preorder is under Melanie, or something like that, then we would probably ID you. But then again, we know most of our customers fairly well, and we all worked all the time, so we usually knew who preordered what. May just have been the store I worked at.

Well,I have been going there a lot. Do most of the employees remember me? I dont think so,probably just the guy that I reserved the stuff with. Should I ask him if I'm going to get id'd?

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
Well,I have been going there a lot. Do most of the employees remember me? I dont think so,probably just the guy that I reserved the stuff with. Should I ask him if I'm going to get id'd?

It wouldn't hurt to talk to them. All they can do is say they need ID, right? Chances are, if you're a regular, they may not necessarily know you by name, but if they recognize your face, then you should be good. Besides, as long as the passport clearly has your name and legit info in it, or the state ID has the same, then you should be good. GS doesn't really check to see if your shyte is up to date or not. At least we didn't. If we ID'd you, and all you had was a driver's license that was expired, as long as it clearly has your picture on it, again, you should be good. If anything, if the picture is really outdated, or the ID is obviously ancient, but has the right info on it, AND they ask for your ID, and they suspect it may not be you, they may ask you a few questions, like "what's your address?", or something like that.

But yeah, just call them, tell them you reserved X, and you don't know if the documentation you have is adequate or not, and they'll tell you straight up.

OR: if you have your receipt, just take that with you, and no questions will be asked. Especially on a big release like Reach. They really won't have time to. Hell, with the release of MW2, we were swamped from midnight to about 4:30am.. They're probably not going to worry about checking anyone's IDs unless you're clearly a 7-year old snot nosed brat.
Last edited by X V I I at Aug 31, 2010,
Game thread.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown