Quote by piszczel
The joke's on them because I sweep pick it lol

same here
Quote by rock_star77
Ace, all Habs fans cannot be held accountable for the things Aldor says. Half the time, I don't even know if he knows what he's saying.
Yeah i sweep to, i just like the sound of picking the notes better, but it aint really working for me that well yet :P
It's just the natural thing to sweep it, it's the most efficient way of playing this. Then I noticed it's supposed to be an alternate picking exercise.
The text describes this as a "cross-picking" exercise.

Doesn't look like any cross-picking pattern I've ever seen; in bluegrass/country crosspicking is playing fingerpick patterns with a flatpick.
Quote by Bikewer
The text describes this as a "cross-picking" exercise.

Doesn't look like any cross-picking pattern I've ever seen; in bluegrass/country crosspicking is playing fingerpick patterns with a flatpick.

Technically, you could practice a wide variety of picking techniques with it.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I always thought the spider technique was just a way to be uber-effective with your diads. Your talking the technique some of the thrash guys use, like Kerry King, right?

Mostly it is using your middle and pinky fingers to fret power chords on adjacent strings as the pointer and ring, but from there you can go anywhere.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
This is different; check out the tab in the link.

When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about that power chording technique, too, but it's not.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I saw this technique/routine on Justin's site awhile ago and put it into my practice routine. I think it helped my alternate picking speed and accuracy tremendously.
I'll start messing with it, sounds fun. It's not the spider hand thing though, that's the diads.

Meet back here in one week. Ready? Go!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by Snpfox
I saw this technique/routine on Justin's site awhile ago and put it into my practice routine. I think it helped my alternate picking speed and accuracy tremendously.

Thats what i was hoping for, wan't to use it for practise/warmup before gigs and hopefully that would help me
I've used it for a long time and it's one exercise I'll possibly never stop using.
404: Sig not found.
I've been using this one for a while now, havent heard it called the spider technique before though, my guitar teacher gave it to me.

Great excercise though, I used to sweep it, but realised it wasn't really of any use to me being swept so I alternate it now.
Spiders are killer for Finger Independence. I prefer the challenge of Picking them or Hammer ons From Nowhere. They are some of if not the best exercises for chop building in a short period of time.