So Megadeth is coming to town, and I need money for tickets, fast. I also have a guitar I never use (Epiphone SG G-310). It's in mint condition. My question is, how much do you guys think I could get out of it at a pawn shop? It's $250 new, for what it's worth. I'm also going to sell my Digitech RP250 at the pawn shop too, so how much would you guys think I could get out of it? Thanks for the help guys!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
watch the show pawn stars. Those guys piss me off. something will be worth 10000 bucks and they'll give them like 2000. Do feel too bad if you dont get much.
Always Rock!
Quote by simpleben09
So Megadeth is coming to town, and I need money for tickets, fast. I also have a guitar I never use (Epiphone SG G-310). It's in mint condition. My question is, how much do you guys think I could get out of it at a pawn shop? It's $250 new, for what it's worth. I'm also going to sell my Digitech RP250 at the pawn shop too, so how much would you guys think I could get out of it? Thanks for the help guys!

NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER SELL YOUR GEAR AT A PAWN SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!

they will only give you 10% of the re-sell value. at most you will get 25-35 bucks for the guitar, and 15-25 dollars for the pedal.
i know this because ive sold all my old gear at a pawnshop a few years ago.
i would sell it to a friend or maybe craigs list. anything but a pawn shop.
I agree, don't sell your gear to a pawn shop...or Guitar Center...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
You won't get much at all if you sell it at a pawn shop, same goes for selling it at a music store (either Guitar Center or a mom and pop shop). Music stores and pawn shops need to make a decent profit off whatever you sell them so you will get the lowest reasonable (and sometimes unreasonable) amount for your gear. Cut the middle man and sell online or to a friend to maximize your profit.

If you're really pressed for time, sell it to a music or guitar shop, not a pawn shop, and don't expect to get more than 40% - 60% of what you paid for it.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I'd say put an advert for your guitar up or try to sell it for a highish price on ebay. Pawn shops will only give you a little amount of the guitar's value.

Or, go to a used guitar shop - they know more about guitars and they'd probably offer better money.
Gear:

Squier Tele Custom ii (p90 version)

Orange Crush 10

Fender CD140S
Your choices seem to be:

1. Take a huge hit by selling your stuff fast (which you might regret later)

2. Skip the concert (which you might regret later)

You have no other way of getting money other than to sell gear?
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Selling fast means taking a loss.

How soon are they coming? Will tickets still be available? When I saw them a few weeks ago tickets had been sold out for a long time. It would suck if you sell your stuff for dirt and can't go regardless.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?