Page 1 of 5
"Time Travel" if even possible, cannot make you go back in time, only forwards.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

Who says we're not the people who are "in front"?
Somebody has to be!
We're in an original timeline until we decide to travel. Thing's don't change until you change them making it seem like an alternate universe. If you leave it unscathed you'll travel to the time in another alternate universe acting exactly the same as if you never left. You're in an alternate timeline, but it doesn't seem it.

k.
Alternate time lines as said above, or they know the consequences of going back in time and changing anything could be disasterous for them in thier present so if or when they do time travel to back here they dress and act inconspicuously and dont introduce themselfs to anyone, they just sit back and watch. You may walk past people from the future every day and not know it.
Last edited by Necrotise at Aug 31, 2010,
A scientist on the Colbert Report claimed that they are just wearing invisibility cloaks because we will have that technology by the time we have time travel.
Slappa tha bass
Quote by Epicbizzjizz

You didn't watch BTTF either I presume.
All time travelers forgot to adjust their calculations for Earths position in orbit around the sun, every year or so we get a wonderful "Meateor" shower.

Make a wish on that...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by hootie37
A scientist on the Colbert Report claimed that they are just wearing invisibility cloaks because we will have that technology by the time we have time travel.

Quote by Necrotise
Alternate time lines as said above, or they know the consequences of going back in time and changing anything could be disasterous for them in thier present so if or when they do time travel to back here they dress and act inconspicuously and dont introduce themselfs to anyone, they just sit back and watch. You may walk past people from the future every day and not know it.

Oh man shit, I'm getting paranoid
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Who says we're not the people who are "in front"?
Somebody has to be!

If we are "in front" then we would already have Time Machines!!!

Maybe they've been here, who knows?

But you can't change the future, because it is set in stone. If you go back, time will already know that you went back and did whatever

I probably make no sense because what I'm thinking is hard to explain.

Another answer: Read Timeline
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Why the heck would someone want to travel to now? That would be a waste. Nothing is going on now.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

It depends on the nature of time travel.

It could be that it's like a telephone, you can't travel without a receiver at the other end.
We might have to discover something that time travellers can utilise to come back to our time before any can arrive.

EDIT: DAMN! Beaten to it!
Last edited by benonbass1 at Aug 31, 2010,
time is 4 dimensional so when you time travel you still appear to be in the same moment you time traveled from in the original timeline.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You can't phone up somebody if they don't have a phone.
Likewise you can't travel through time unless there is another time machine to arrive at.

I worded that terribly but I did actually hear something like that on a BBC4 documentary once.

(Invalid img)

Who knew lasers could be so cool?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
They're phone, that's obviously the only possible answer.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by damian_91
They're phone, that's obviously the only possible answer.

My science teacher will be pleased.
No one believes them that they're from the future. I'm from the year 2378, and can't get back. Every one here just thinks I'm a nut-job...
Quote by guitarskater11

Aw shit, that means aliens were in my bathroom as I was fapping?

This is kinda an interesting theory that would explain what would happen if we could go back in time:

A man is out hunting when he gets hit with a bullet, he never finds out who shot him. After he recovers he uses a time machine to go back in time to where he got shot. He sees a man walking with a gun, and he shoots him. He looks closer and realizes that he shot himself.

So, the idea is that we never actually can CHANGE anything, we are only fulfilling it.

I <3 SMBC
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Ron Mallett is a physics prof. at UConn and his theory is that once you build a time machine you can only travel backwards to the time when the machine was 1st turned on. so, no one has built/ turned on a time machine yet. but once it happens there were probably be an overload of time travelers showing up at the same time at the same place lol.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by iplayat11
Ron Mallett is a physics prof. at UConn and his theory is that once you build a time machine you can only travel backwards to the time when the machine was 1st turned on. so, no one has built/ turned on a time machine yet. but once it happens there were probably be an overload of time travelers showing up at the same time at the same place lol.

Watch the film Primer. That shit will blow. Your. Mind.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by iplayat11

Right because with something as silly as a time machine they definitely won't keep careful check when people are using it...

Quote by sg255
Watch the film Primer. That shit will blow. Your. Mind.

+1

amazing movie, gave me a headgasm.
Go to a Ringo Starr concert. You'll see them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Zaphikh
What people are forgetting is that Stephen Hawking is obviously a time traveler. Think about it. "If time travel is real, where are all the time travelers?" That is exactly the kind of thing a time traveler would say. Everyone's like "Oh, Stephen Hawking, you're so smart, of course there's no such thing as time travel!" Meanwhile, Hawking is probably at the dog track right now winning trifecta after trifecta.

Let's think about this rationally. If you were a time traveler who had visited the future, and somebody asked you point blank if time travel was possible, what would you say? "Oh, yeah, time travel is definitely possible. In fact, I'm a time traveler - confiscate my gambling earnings"? No. You would make some witty quip and change the subject. Then you would politely excuse yourself, call a bookie, and bet on Duke to defeat UNLV in the 1991 NCAA semifinals.

Where are all the time travelers? They're on Wall Street, smoking cuban cigars and laughing so hard that tears are streaming down their fat faces. Meanwhile we're sitting around like morons, betting our money on random dogs and horses talking about how smart Stephen Hawking is. He probably didn't even write his books! If you could magically travel through time, think about how easy it would be to bring back some smart book from the future, retype it, and pass it off as your own.

There have always been time travelers. And anyone who says otherwise probably has something to hide.

We're here, we just act regular and blend in, keeping hidden. I can of course tell you this because none of you will believe it anyway, but man it feels good to get it out.

Also, what's the deal with you guys not having invented orgasm pills yet? GET ON IT ALREADY.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Right because with something as silly as a time machine they definitely won't keep careful check when people are using it...

i don't think i've disagreed with any of your posts that i've seen in the pit recently, good sir

i double posted. fml.
Page 1 of 5