i am pretty much just looking for suggestions on a small (or large) synth thats decent quality to play around with some sounds like that of pink floyd (welcome to the machine) and king crimson type stuff. my budget is anywhere around $300-$600, im in canada
i would recomend a midi keybord to plug it into the computer, you can download loads of software to emulate all kind of synths.
well i want to be able to jam with the boys with drums and such
Idk how it is in canada but down here people give organs away for free simply because they're big and heavy. That's how I plan to get one. Look for hammond.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
I'm afraid you're going to have to shell out a bit more in order to get what you're looking for, unless you find a good used synth. Look at Yamaha's MM6 or Roland's Juno Di. They are both very good synths for prog stuff, and you don't need an engineering degree to get good useable sounds out of them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
im just looking for something small in order to get by for awhile. like a microkorg or something ???
A lot of the portable keyboards from Casio have a great sound. As long as it has an output jack to run it into an amp or go direct, you can use one of them. I've seen people use them on stage to great effect.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
I'm afraid you're going to have to shell out a bit more in order to get what you're looking for, unless you find a good used synth. Look at Yamaha's MM6 or Roland's Juno Di. They are both very good synths for prog stuff, and you don't need an engineering degree to get good useable sounds out of them.

This. Otherwise, if you want something a bit newer or different, check out the Alesis Micron. Much better than the MicroKorg imo
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Korg R3
Microkorg XL
Alesis Micron
Roland SH-01 GAIA

Research is necessary for this. Do you want a mono or polyphonic synth, how many keys do you want, size, what polyphony? etc etc.

Or you could just get a softsynth and control it from a normal keyboard.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Aug 31, 2010,