Hey guys i was just wondering something

ok so my aunt handed me down a squire stratocaster just for free in your opinion how good is this guitar i honestly hardly use it sincei have several other guitars but like how much do you think its worth and stuff thanx?

here is some more info on it its model number is VN534700 made in korea on the back of the neck it says celebrating fender 50 years of excellence (1996 guitar)
Guitars
PRS Custom 24
Ibanez ndm-1 NOODLE
Jackson Kelly Proffesional KE2
Greg Bennet Acoustic

Amps
Peavey ValveKing 100 Watt halfstack
Marshal MG 50 FX :p

Pedals
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss DS-1
Last edited by mr ginger at Sep 1, 2010,
Do you have any more details on it? (ex. the standard series is better then the affinity series and is worth a little bit more) I've never played a standard or classic vibe I didn't like, I'm not big on the affinity's though. You could get maybe $100 US for it, are you set on selling it? You could always mod it for fun and make it work for you, you can never have too many guitars...
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
If its an affinity it's worth about £60-80 and if it's a standard, about £150 and a deluxe about £180-200. It's of very poor quality.
I had an affinity, and I nearly burned it. It was terrible.
Sold it at a pawn shop for $30.
if the necks straight and its one of squires higher end models its worth modding, not much in the cash relm though unless its an 80's japan model
I have a Squier standard strat, it's actually a pretty good guitar. If it's in good shape, don't have a lot of scratches, doesn't look very used and old, and has a good color; clean it up and try to sell it for $100-140 to a beginner.
If it looks like crap you won't be able to sell it for more than $50, in that case, I'd keep it and use it for modding and learning about guitar electronics and stuff
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by Trve_Satan
If its an affinity it's worth about £60-80 and if it's a standard, about £150 and a deluxe about £180-200. It's of very poor quality.

um... no
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
here is some more info on it its model number is VN534700 made in korea on the back of the neck it says celebrating fender 50 years of excellence (1996 guitar)
Guitars
PRS Custom 24
Ibanez ndm-1 NOODLE
Greg Bennet Acoustic

Amps

Pedals
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss DS-1
Quote by mr ginger

Some of those 50th anniv Squier necks can be REALLY nice. I've got a 50th anniv Squier Bullet neck that has a 1 11/16th (43mm) nut width along with 22 frets. It also has one of the nicest rosewood fretboads I've seen and the neck has a very nice profile. It's on my workbench getting jumbo frets installed.
I have a 50th anniversary squire fat strat and love it. they aren't worth a lot of money.....but if you like how it sounds...
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
Quote by mr ginger

actually your squire is a 1995
V=Saehan(Sunghan) (vester factory)
N=1990's
5=actual year
34700= production number.

i personally would keep it. squiers are not all that bad, besides you can use it as a blues guitar.
haha i got a custom 24 thats nice blues
Guitars
PRS Custom 24
Ibanez ndm-1 NOODLE
Greg Bennet Acoustic

Amps

Pedals
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss DS-1
My first electric guitar was a squire strat. They are great beginner guitars and you won't have to break the bank to see if you want to take up playing the electric guitar. In fact, my wife has a squire 'Hello Kitty' strat that actually doesn't sound half bad, lol.
Guitar Reviews - Reviews on Gibson, Fender, Taylor and other brands...