as opposed to recording with tracks? I was reading an article about Suicide Silence recording their album The Cleansing live, instead of recording it using tracks

what exactly does this mean?
Have the whole band playing together at the same time and record that instead of recording one instrument first (typically drums are first) and then building up from there adding the other instruments as you go. Fast post but I can explain way more detailed and clearer if you need.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
You mean a live album as, they record it live from concerts and shows, making it a live album...........
Quote by butterfingers30
You mean a live album as, they record it live from concerts and shows, making it a live album...........

Except it's a studio album.

and miguelito2729, that's what I was thinking, that sounds about right. I remember them talking about not having the money to use protools and whatnot, so I assume recording live would be a cheaper alternative.
Quote by KaneIsRaw13
Except it's a studio album.

and miguelito2729, that's what I was thinking, that sounds about right. I remember them talking about not having the money to use protools and whatnot, so I assume recording live would be a cheaper alternative.

Link to the article please? Sounds intriguing to me right now.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Quote by miguelito2729
Link to the article please? Sounds intriguing to me right now.

Here's the link

The Cleansing album was recorded live. Why did you guys decide to do that?

Mitch: When we signed to Century Media, we wanted to put out a record as soon as possible so we could start touring on it. We had all these songs that we had been playing live for a couple of years. So we recorded it in two weeks and we would just keep the best takes of every song. We put mistakes on the record. There was no quick track on this record and that’s how that record came about.