Iv had this thing for awhile, I learned alot on it. I dont know if its real....or if its a fake. I dont really know anything about it, but I know I like the way it feels when I play it. I like the weight...the actions nice and id put it up against some of my Gibson's. Anyway, there's no markings so I couldn't really give you a model or anything. It just says Gretsch Electromatic on the head stock.

So the tuners feel nice, but 2 are tightening themselves and when you turn them and they get to a certain spot they wont turn anymore(like just stuck completely). So I want to get a completely new set.
The only problem is I cant find anything that looks like it would work with it. Id like to get some that look like the ones on Gibson's(tulip style).

Also the guitar sounds good, but its just slightly muddy compared to my Gibsons. I'm wondering if I bought a set of Gibson pickups, would they fit in this guitar? I'm pretty sure humbucker size is universal, I was just wondering.

As a side note....does anyone know how much(roughly) it would cost to get the pickups replaced? As in...I bring the pickups and guitar to someone and they put them in and adjust. I know the prices will varry, but if anyones had this done how much did it run you?

Dont mind the dust I just dug it out of my closet
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
I'm not sure how much it will cost, but it really isn't worth it IMO. You can do it yourself and it is very easy, and soldering irons are cheap and very handy to have. Nice guitar though! I like it. And, I'm sure any pickup will work with it. Not the F-spaced ones though.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
yeah, replace the tuners, maybe the electronics, and if you want, the pickups too.

Personally, I'll replace pickups for gear, like an old pedal, or a set of pickups, money wise, I'd only charge a max of like $40, and that's mostly depending on how much I like the person

But I don't do this a lot, and I'm no professional repair person, so what do I know about pricing anyway?

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by the1967mustang
I'm not sure how much it will cost, but it really isn't worth it IMO. You can do it yourself and it is very easy, and soldering irons are cheap and very handy to have. Nice guitar though! I like it. And, I'm sure any pickup will work with it. Not the F-spaced ones though.

I'm defiantly keeping it, but i still want the ability to play it. Money isn't to much of a factor for this. I just don't have that much free time to work on it. Id also like to sand it to make it look natural, and throw a stain(maybe natural) and finish on it, but I dont know...im on the fence about all this. For sure tuners though, and I cant find any so if anyone knows what will or wont work let me know.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by MonkeyLink07
yeah, replace the tuners, maybe the electronics, and if you want, the pickups too.

Personally, I'll replace pickups for gear, like an old pedal, or a set of pickups, money wise, I'd only charge a max of like $40, and that's mostly depending on how much I like the person

But I don't do this a lot, and I'm no professional repair person, so what do I know about pricing anyway?

I wish I could find someone that would do that. Iv got so many pedals and gear ive never used. Iv got a POG2 with less then 2 hours on it. Same with my NYC big muff.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
check out guitarfetish.com and you should find some that would work though we would need to know the size of the holes for the tuning keys to be able to tell you what would work and what would not work. I personally charge $20 to install everything but that is just me, its really well worth it to buy a soldering iron and learn how to use it and maintain it properly. But if you do that DO NOT buy the $4 soldering iron at Harbor Freight, it works good but its near impossible to find replacement soldering tips for it. Get one from Radio Shack or Sears they seem to be able to use the same tips that you can buy at either store.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Aug 31, 2010,
If money is not a factor, then definitely put decent tuners on it. Guitar Fetish tuners should only be used if you are broke.
Quote by cedricsmods
If money is not a factor, then definitely put decent tuners on it. Guitar Fetish tuners should only be used if you are broke.

Are you saying that Wilkisons EZ Locks are not good tuners?
First off, you said Guitar Fetish, not Wilkinson. Most of the tuners Guitar Fetish sells are clear knockoffs such as "Sperzel style", "Kluson style," or "Wilkinson style."
Secondly, while their description of EZ-LOKs does not have the world "style" in it, there is still reason to believe they are not made by Wilkinson, but rather that Guitar Fetish bought rights to the name. Wilkinson often sells the right to use their name. For example, have a look at the authentic Wilkinson packaging in this picture from Guitar Fetish: http://www.guitarfetish.com/zoomify.asp?catalogid=880&img=/assets/images/products/tuners/E25_b.jpg.
Quote by cedricsmods
First off, you said Guitar Fetish, not Wilkinson. Most of the tuners Guitar Fetish sells are clear knockoffs such as "Sperzel style", "Kluson style," or "Wilkinson style."
Secondly, while their description of EZ-LOKs does not have the world "style" in it, there is still reason to believe they are not made by Wilkinson, but rather that Guitar Fetish bought rights to the name. Wilkinson often sells the right to use their name. For example, have a look at the authentic Wilkinson packaging in this picture from Guitar Fetish: http://www.guitarfetish.com/zoomify.asp?catalogid=880&img=/assets/images/products/tuners/E25_b.jpg.

Those look like what I need. It has the one hole and the parts look the same. How does one measure the hole size?

*edit*
I was browsing guitar fetish and saw some lespaul parts. Would any of those fit this guitar?
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Sep 1, 2010,