Page 1 of 5
So Pit, I was just on google searching for the forum of the banned (to my surprise, "ug forum of the banned" is actually a suggestion), when I got sidetrack by results of other people posting about UG (on other forums). I checked the rules and as far as my eyes could see it's not against them to post links to other forums..
http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=9058
:P:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=12737
I just found these amusing . what do you all think?
ALSO: I realize you cannot get to FOTB unless you are banned
UG is a huge forum. That is why it needs these 'stupid' rules, so we don't get swamped in spam all the time.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

What can I say, haters gon' hate.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
damn, we are pretty much viewed as the 4chan of guitar forums.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
UG is a about the largest guitar website on the net, of course there will be people with bad experiences with it.

Yeah, there's a lot of rules here that seem arbitrary, and there are some mods here I don't particularly like, but the faster pace and (much) larger community makes up for it IMO.

Quote by pbiggie
damn, we are pretty much viewed as the *youknowwhatplace* of guitar forums.

...We're not?

The heavy rules are probably in place to ensure exactly that we don't _completely_ turn into *youknowwhatplace*. It makes sense.

And yeah, I've been warned for mentioning that site before.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Aug 31, 2010,
I love this forum and i haven't heard of any of these other forums
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
they are just jealous that we are so much better than they are.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
They have there own opinions, a lot of which people would agree with
if you think about it, what they say aren't lies about the forums
People here get banned for having different views on guitars, amps ETC.
members ridicule people for not being the same. If you really think about it, its just like a high school, only with 1,500,000 members.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Those guys are talking about the gear forums. I'd hate to hear what they have to say about us here in the Pit.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
looooooooooool

I'm a member of a few forums. This one is one of the slower, non elitist ones. They're acting like children.
I kind of agree but I don't really care, either.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
"pshh i think the UG forum sucks.ok so i posted a link to youtube about a vid of a guitarist and they banned me at first for 30 days, and when i tried to compromise, they're like "you just keep coming back for more.now your banned forever.I actually liked that forum until i found out how strict it was.."

I loled at this. If the dude just read the rules and saw, "hey don't make pointless threads" he wouldn't have been banned. Also, I like how someone posted a little farther down the page, "just give them another Email address."
Carmel will know if you make a multi. Carmel always knows.
They didn't read the rules. It is quite simple. Read the rules, then follow them. I guess they couldn't get that through their heads. I have been banned once. That was my fault. I didn't read all the rules through out. That was my fault. People need read, and think before they act. We are bigger then most of those forums anyways.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Most people I see that get banned are idiots. Pure and simple.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
pshh i think the UG forum sucks.ok so i posted a link to youtube about a vid of a guitarist and they banned me at first for 30 days, and when i tried to compromise, they're like "you just keep coming back for more.now your banned forever.I actually liked that forum until i found out how strict it was..

Quote by pbiggie
damn, we are pretty much viewed as the 4chan of guitar forums.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeee, I wonder why.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I thought all the rules we had were like common sense, though. I have only ever skimmed the rules and have never been banned.
Is the average age of the people here really 12-13? Because that really doesn't seem right.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Everything is outlined clearly in the rules. Read them through once and you're good to go, all the stuff in there is common sense. Anybody who gets warned/banned deserves it. The mods here do an awesome job of running stuff.

UG. I like you.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I prefer our ED page to reading the opinions of those fuckwits.
We have an erectile dysfunction page???
Link?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
We have an erectile dysfunction page???
Link?

Now you're trying to get me banned!
i agree with those threads. the mods are way too strict, and the average UG'er is immature and filled with sarcasm. except for the DT.

/flameshield
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Now you're trying to get me banned!
Never
<<
>>
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
The mods are ridiculously harsh sometimes.

That said, I've never been (actually) banned in four years. I have gotten some pretty outrageous warnings (I got warned once for posting *reported* 2 minutes after someone else had, for **** sakes).
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
i still find UG to be a better site than most other tabs. unlike 911 tabs
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by :Vicious--
i still find UG to be a better site than most other tabs. unlike 911 tabs

http://whois.domaintools.com/911tabs.com

look at the domain servers
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by vanhailin
they are just jealous that we are so much better than they are.

Dey can pass the blunt to da nigga on dey left.

Quote by Lemoninfluence
http://whois.domaintools.com/911tabs.com

look at the domain servers

ok.... sorry
i didnt like the site because it used to redirect me to other sites which i found annoying. why not just host tabs on your own site? then i found UG
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I'm afraid to say I agree with them. I actually think some of the mods are asses to some members most of the time, acting all "oohh yeah, I'm amazing..." I don't really see a good reason to allow this behavior, but of course, most of you actually justify that kind of treatment whenever someone complains.

Reminds me of the rule of "that website"... there are no real rules about moderating either, enjoy your ban.
Page 1 of 5