I never hear anything about them. Ever. You'd think we'd get more questions from people like "I WANTZ TEH MERSHELL CUZ IT IZ GOOD AND TEH MA IZ CHEEP SHOULD I BUY IT?"

Not really looking to get one because I have no use for it but...what's the genral consensus on it? I don't bother looking at reviews because like...Line 6 Spiders get 10/10 consistently... therefore reviews are invalid on the internet.

Anyone have one/played one/know someone who has? Are they just the MG tone circuit with tubes thrown in or are they legit?
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Heh I spend tons of time on the boards. All I ever hear about is Vypyrs, 6505s, Mesa, "I want a Marshall JCM", "Are Spiders good? The guy at GC told me they are!" and "What's the best low wattage amp" threads.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
I tried an MA100 stack out a few weeks ago because I was curious and it was awful. Even the guys at the store actively discourage people, especially kids, from buying them.

Unfortunately, the MA amps sell because of the badge. But I have no idea why anyone would waste their money on that when they could get a Blackstar for similar money.
Quote by eat.the.rich
I tried an MA100 stack out a few weeks ago because I was curious and it was awful. Even the guys at the store actively discourage people, especially kids, from buying them.

Unfortunately, the MA amps sell because of the badge. But I have no idea why anyone would waste their money on that when they could get a Blackstar for similar money.

Oh snap. Here we go again.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
"BUT DURRR TEH BLACKSTAR DECIEVES ITZ CUZTOMERZ WITH TEH DIODEZ!"

But actually I agree...from the tones I've heard on Youtube (which probably mean nothing) the Blackstars in the price range are better.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
blackstar aren't that amazing either to be honest... in my opinion at least
the MA100 is 900$, right?
for 100$ more, you can get a Vox AC30, for 50$ more you can get an Egnater Renegade (or a rebel 30 for the same price FWIW), a Fender hot Rod Deville for 800$, the Bogner Alchemist is 900$, these are amps that I'd get before an MA, but of course I don't play really agressive music. If I did, I'd get a peavey 6505+ 112 for what, 600$ IIRC?
that's not even looking at the used market.
I got some amazing stuff for cheaper than that.

if you want a Marshall, get an old JCM800. In my humble opinion, MAs, Hazes, Class5, JVM... I hate all of these, sorry.
Last edited by Darkflame at Aug 31, 2010,
Quote by Ayses
"BUT DURRR TEH BLACKSTAR DECIEVES ITZ CUZTOMERZ WITH TEH DIODEZ!"

Quoted for unintentional truth.

I think the MA is based off of the JCM900. But sounds far worse. It sure sounds like a 900 on a bad day.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Quoted for unintentional truth.

I think the MA is based off of the JCM900. But sounds far worse. It sure sounds like a 900 on a bad day.
Wasn't entirely unintentional.
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M