Hey guys, I'm not sure what happened to my distortion pedal, but whenever the distortion is on there'll be a ton of noise when I'm not playing. which I can get around by simply turning the pedal off, but its still annoying and I'm not sure why its doing it, I have a micrometal muff, and it used to not have as much noise. Its not the guitar because if I plug it straight into the amp it doesn't have the noise. Does anyone here have any idea how to reduce the noise or at least where its coming from?
If it's a new pedal, contact EH or take it back to the store and explain what happened, it most likely has a warrantee of some sort.

If the jacks are board mounted in the same fashion as a wah, it may be the jacks. Other that, check any semiconductors and electrolytic caps. If you use a battery, it may be time to replace it.
Thanks!! I dont remember when I baught it, but I know it was a while back, I'll try to see if I can find out when I baught it and if there was a warranty, if not I'll check the jacks, and i only use a battery when I'm not playing at home so its not the battery.
This may sound like common sense, and I don't know about your particular pedal, but I used to have a distortion pedal and with mine you had to use it on the clean channel, not the distortion channel. You probably already know this is the only thing I could think of.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
lol I WISH that I was stupid enough to be doing that cause it would be so easy to fix.
I know exactly what you are talking about, i think. Is it like a huge buzzing noise? like "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" really loud? that happened to me a couple weeks ago, and the problem was that my cords were all tangled up or not as straight as they should be. Now my distortion pedal works fine. Actually all 3 of them do
I started to have the same problem a while back. Turned out to be a messed up cable causing it. Once I replaced it, the buzz went away (well the amp buzz )
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Sep 1, 2010,
Quote by Metalocity
lol I WISH that I was stupid enough to be doing that cause it would be so easy to fix.

I hope that didn't come off as saying you were stupid. I didn't mean it like that. Anyway, it could have something to do with your chords, bad or because the are tangled up, twisted, and or damaged, Try and check them out if you can.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Hmm I tried a few other cables and it still makes the noise, though I did notice if I make the cables straigh the noise is not as loud.