I noticed my Sg tends to hum(squeal) alot. I thought it was just my guitar, then i went to gt center and noticed the same thing with a different sg. Are these guitars just poorly shielded against noise, because i really don't have to turn the gain up much at all before i start noticing this problem.

Is there any way to fix this?
It could just be the stock pickups not being that good.

Try getting some new pickups, and see if there is a difference.
ive never liked production gibsons, ive always found them to be low end tbh, their custom shop line is alot bettter
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Skagasm
ive never liked production gibsons, ive always found them to be low end tbh, their custom shop line is alot bettter

Haha you may be right. But i have a LP studio that does not have that same problem, same pickups i believe
Well Gibson aren't exactly good at fixing little problems. Apparently, leaving them is "vintage".

It's probably shielding. Could also be the pickups if they're not potted. Try shielding your guitar first. It's pretty cheap to do, you just have to get the stuff for it. I'm pretty sure GFS sells it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by patriotplayer90

Haha you may be right. But i have a LP studio that does not have that same problem, same pickups i believe

no 61 has 57 or burstbuckers, studio has 490 r and 500t or something like that. im not saying every gibson has that problem but they are pretty infamous for their lousy quality control on models below $2000
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!