*sigh* I feel really...Not so straight talking about this but. We're all pals here, so it's all good.

So I have short curly (damaged) hair that I wanna grow out. But everytime I try to, I end up cutting it because it grows out like an afro kind of, and that's not what I want. Are there any things or products or home made remedies to make hair heavier? or more manageable? Right now I started using shampoo and conditioner and it's helping, I also use baby oil to make my hair softer (laugh away) among other things. I realize that there's an "awkard" stage where your hair might be an afro at first but then it'll weight itself down, but how do I get through this stage smoothly?
Thanks for any help, and again, laugh away
Quote by RasenShuriken
*sigh* I feel really...Not so straight talking about this but. We're all pals here, so it's all good.

So I have short curly (damaged) hair that I wanna grow out. But everytime I try to, I end up cutting it because it grows out like an afro kind of, and that's not what I want. Are there any things or products or home made remedies to make hair heavier? or more manageable? Right now I started using shampoo and conditioner and it's helping, I also use baby oil to make my hair softer (laugh away) among other things. I realize that there's an "awkard" stage where your hair might be an afro at first but then it'll weight itself down, but how do I get through this stage smoothly?
Thanks for any help, and again, laugh away

well, you should have been using that all your life
Ah, a topic I love.

Well, you can straighten your hair.

You can put a little (yes, a small amount) of hair spray in your hair before you straighten it to keep it straight throughout the day.
Now I don't know your hair exactly, but you should be able to find products to help you fight the curls.

If you want any kind of styled look you'll want to put root booster in it, then blow dry it in the position you want it.
You'll then want to put hair wax (not as gross as it sounds) in your hair to actually style it in the exact position.
After it's where you want it, you can hair spray it.
Use Marty Friedman as a role model.

He's got curly hair.

Keep growing it, and you will look as badass as him.
or mustaine himself

(Invalid img)
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
People who can grow afro's and choose not to piss me off, as I cannot grow and afro and wish that I could.

Because if I could grow an afro, I would have the bitchin-est fro' in all of history.
Quote by javielrowe
Man I am going through the exactsame thing.

Me too, minus the curly part...never let a drunk University girl cut your hair...ever
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Now here's the ultra whammy suggestion. Go into a haircut place, and before getting a trim, ask that asian lady what products may be of use to get what you're aiming for. If you get the lucky english-speaking asian she'll blast off all kinds of suggestions and try some out for you just so you can see how it looks.
Straighten your hair and wear a hat?

My friend does that and his hair is naturally jewish
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
One thing I do with mine is put a little conditioner in it after it's towel dried and leave it in. I let my hair dry naturaly then and it's alot less frizzy. Don't wash it everyday either, if you have dry, thin hair it will only make it dryer which means more frizz.
Quote by BruceWillisman
Straighten your hair and wear a hat?

My friend does that and his hair is naturally jewish

Wait what?