Page 1 of 2
Ok I knew Glasgow could be rough but f*ck me sideways...

Quote by daily record
GANGLAND thugs armed with chisels chopped off a young man's penis in a gruesome attack beside a main road.

The attack on Bryan Hanlon, 26, came a week after his twin brother James had holes bored in his head with a power drill in another targeted underworld assault. Police are horrified by the brazen nature of both attacks and the savage violence used.

The Hanlon twins were both close pals of murdered gangland enforcer Kevin "Gerbil" Carroll.

As well as the grisly injuries to his private parts, Bryan, 26, was left with multiple fractures and severe he ad injuries. He is critically ill in hospital.

It's understood he also suffered injuries to his back passage, inflicted by a chisel.

Bryan was driving on Maryhill Road in Glasgow at 11.30pm on Sunday when he was run off the road by a silver BMW 5 Series and a dark-coloured 4x4.

His Audi S4 estate hit a wall and he was hauled out.

Up to seven thugs, armed with chisels and hammers, took part in the attack .

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/08/31/gang-chop-off-rival-s-manhood-with-chisel-days-after-twin-has-holes-drilled-in-his-head-86908-22525727/

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/second-brother-in-hospital-after-gang-attack-1.1051728

I've got many friends living within minutes of where this happened, I even know people who went to school with the victims...it's pretty scary.

As a side note, it's kinda funny how the Herald quotes the policeman verbatim, whereas the Daily Record seemingly feels the need to dumb everything he says down - compare "This man was the subject of a sustained and ferocious attack" with "But this was a really violent and horrific assault" etc.
Does back passage mean anus?
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
"Maryhill road"
Guess who's moving there in a couple of weeks?

"Brian Hanlon, who is being treated in Glasgow’s Southern General Hospital, suffered serious head injuries after his Audi S4 left the road at a roundabout outside the West of Scotland Science Park and smashed into the wall of the Kelvin Campus entrance."

Holy shit that's exactly where I'm going to be staying.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at Aug 31, 2010,
i saw a chinese movie with a power drill murderer. shit was scary.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Probably not the best time posting since all the Scottish people are in bed

But still wow, it's not nice hearing things like that happening near you live, or even in the same country
BMW, It'll drive you off the road and into a wall, and if you're driving a different car, we'll chop your wang off.
I would kill myself. Without a second thought, I really would.
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

If they'd done it my brother, I'd carry a weapon with me, and first thing I'd have thought was kill them or have my head drilled. Chisel's not even a weapon:/
They wouldn't see my weapon either, no time or point to let them look at it.

Two cars is a lot, but I'd at least have tried taking one of them if it were me

edit: on the other hand I have guns, and so do my friends, and we'd never carry them on us, or use them against other people...but i mean...they chopped his dick offO.o
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 31, 2010,
who'd have thought that gangsters would be willing to using violence?

Quote by stratkat
If they'd done it my brother, I'd carry a weapon with me, and first thing I'd have thought was kill them or have my head drilled. Chisel's not even a weapon:/
They wouldn't see my weapon either, no time or point to let them look at it.

Two cars is a lot, but I'd at least have tried taking one of them if it were me

"oh hai thar peeple who've just run me off the road into a wall. Could you just hang on a second whilst I get my bearings back so I can fight back a bit against the seven of you?"
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Aug 31, 2010,
Quote by guitaristren
They sure chiseled that wood.

i can see the effort but i can't laugh... too disturbed.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I had a choice of studying abroad in Liverpool or in Glasgow next semester. Glad I chose Liverpool.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by RockGuitar92
Does back passage mean anus?

This.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Gunpowder
I had a choice of studying abroad in Liverpool or in Glasgow next semester. Glad I chose Liverpool.

to be honest, it's not much better if most people are to be believed.

There's gangs in every city. As I've said in the past, gangs (and by that I mean organised crime, not groups of teens) don't usually attack random people. Any serious violence they do is aimed at other gang members.

Where about in the city are you staying?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
who'd have thought that gangsters would be willing to using violence?

"oh hai thar peeple who've just run me off the road into a wall. Could you just hang on a second whilst I get my bearings back so I can fight back a bit against the seven of you?"

Well that and he was drug out of the car.

He got cheap shotted and out numbered:/

I just don't think i'd have the balls to be out alone after my brother got a drill to the head by gangsters.

Edit: also he might've deserved it, idk the dude.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 31, 2010,
I'm guessing this was more of a targeted/gang-related attack rather than some chavs or whatever jumping on a random guy? But still, that's messed up stuff.
****, thats bad =/

Just...damn...

But honestly, thats why you don't get involved with the underworld!
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by theonlyproof

That...

NEVER GOING THERE EVER.

I HAVE TO LIVE THERE!
LIKE, LITERALLY, WHERE HE CRASHED INTO IS WHERE I'M GOING TO STAY.
But unless I join a drug gang I should be fine.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by sg255
I HAVE TO LIVE THERE!
LIKE, LITERALLY, WHERE HE CRASHED INTO IS WHERE I'M GOING TO STAY.
But unless I join a drug gang I should be fine.

Just incase, have a decoy penis so there is a chance the guy would chisel the wrong one.
Did no one notice that a gangster was calling himself Gerbil? That's so damn lame.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Lemoninfluence
to be honest, it's not much better if most people are to be believed.

There's gangs in every city. As I've said in the past, gangs (and by that I mean organised crime, not groups of teens) don't usually attack random people. Any serious violence they do is aimed at other gang members.

Where about in the city are you staying?

I should have housing on-campus at the University of Liverpool, if all goes according to plan. Although I haven't seen a map of where the university is in relation to anything else, or a map of anything, really. I should probably look into that before I go.

It'll be my first time to Europe, so, you know...I'd like to avoid getting my penis chiseled off, if I can. Guess that means I'll cross "join a gang" off of my list of things to do once I get off the plane.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
I should have housing on-campus at the University of Liverpool, if all goes according to plan. Although I haven't seen a map of where the university is in relation to anything else, or a map of anything, really. I should probably look into that before I go.

It'll be my first time to Europe, so, you know...I'd like to avoid getting my penis chiseled off, if I can. Guess that means I'll cross "join a gang" off of my list of things to do once I get off the plane.

The main campus is in the city centre as are the main halls of residence. There are other halls that you might be in that are further away but there are plenty of travel provisions to and from the main campus.

either way, you aren't going to be in the areas known for violence etc.

the worst you'll likely encounter is the occasional drunken fight of a weekend when everyone's out binge drinking.

Quote by element4433
Wow, jeese...I feel bad for that guy and his brother. I'm also not sure how anyone can do something that gruesome to another person. I mean...that's...*wince*
Quote by Lemoninfluence
The main campus is in the city centre as are the main halls of residence. There are other halls that you might be in that are further away but there are plenty of travel provisions to and from the main campus.

either way, you aren't going to be in the areas known for violence etc.

the worst you'll likely encounter is the occasional drunken fight of a weekend when everyone's out binge drinking.

That is certainly encouraging. I feel as if belligerent drunks are a mainstay of any decent sized city, so I'm pretty used to them, being from Boston.

Thanks for the info bud, I appreciate it. I'll buy you a pint once I get across the pond
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by stratkat
Chisel's not even a weapon:/

I'm a joiner, and I'd beg to differ. Every joiner on this planet has a scar or two from chisels.

That's a nasty story though, TS. But not surprising. At least it's made public, while so many murders are unreportable. But their motive was to make the news. They know where to keep bodies quiet.
chopped off a young man's penis....

was left with severe head injuries

I'll say...
this is cruel and unusual punishment.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by tayroar
Did no one notice that a gangster was calling himself Gerbil? That's so damn lame.

As daft as the name is, he seemed like a right nutter!

Saw this in the paper, proper shocking! +1 on the chisel as a weapon, they can do some damage as weve seen from this attack!

Was the brothers father Joe Hanlon, the guy that was murdered with Bobby Glover?
Page 1 of 2