(keep in mind that im still a guitar novice, been playing for a year and a half)
i wanted to replace the BDSM pickups in my B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock with the X2N in the bridge and the DP219 D Activator in the neck. obviously i would be playing strictly metal (death, maybe thrash) and they both sound ****ing amazing from what ive heard over the internet. Would it be a bad idea to install both of these pickups in the same guitar?

please help, o great seasoned guitar players.
d'activators are supposed to mimic active pickups, you can mix and match if you want, it says it works with any high output pickups, and the dactivator is high output. BUT if i was going to go the route you are, i would use the dactivator X. i may look into swapping these into my prestige cause my duncan sh-6 is kinda thin...
In all honesty, I don't think it'd be worth it to put them in a bronze warlock. And since you have a bronze warlock, Im guessing that you have a solid state amp, right? Most pickups sound the same through a solid state amp.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
In all honesty, I don't think it'd be worth it to put them in a bronze warlock. And since you have a bronze warlock, Im guessing that you have a solid state amp, right? Most pickups sound the same through a solid state amp.

No. Absolutely not. They make just as much of a difference running through an SS amp as they do with a tube amp.

Anyway, I wouldn't put them in a bronze warlock. get a better amp first if you're dissatisfied with your tone.

EDIT: Especially since it's a Spider III.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i dont think that my amp is the problem. I own a Dean Dime Shadow ML and it sounds BEAUTIFUL when i play thru my Spider III, but the Warlock isnt so great. so youre saying it would be a complete waste to replace the pickups in the warlock? it also has an agathis body if it makes my situation even more of a lost cause.
The Spider is where your tone problems are, not your pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by altered666
(keep in mind that im still a guitar novice, been playing for a year and a half)
i wanted to replace the BDSM pickups in my B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock with the X2N in the bridge and the DP219 D Activator in the neck. obviously i would be playing strictly metal (death, maybe thrash) and they both sound ****ing amazing from what ive heard over the internet. Would it be a bad idea to install both of these pickups in the same guitar?

please help, o great seasoned guitar players.

X2N should be fine. For the neck you can also try something like PAF Joe.
Since both are passive pickups it can be done,
also pickup change even in wood like agathis
does make lot of change to the tone.

I dont know if i am right but neck wood makes
more difference then body wood when it comes to tone.

body wood only affects the sustain in a major way.
Also the d activators don't bring out the sound of the wood.
Hence its a safe bet to go with