So, I'm quite interested in buying a Schecter Hellraiser guitar. I was considering getting the Hellraiser C-1 FR, but then I realized that it would make it very difficult for me to switch from standard, Drop D, and Drop C tunings, which I do on a regular basis. The question is, which Hellraiser should I get that will allow me to easily change tunings?
The Hellraiser C-1, or whatever shape you'd like. It's a TOM/thru-body instead of a Floyd Rose, and it's $150 cheaper new.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
The Hellraiser C-1 has Schecter locking tuners, though? Will that affect my ability to change tunings? Sorry, I don't know much about locking tuners and such.
no the locking tuners is a fancy way of saying guitar has solid tuning just think of it that way.

What you don't want is the locking nut which is common place on FR equipped guitars.

The C-1 is a great choice.
No. Locking tuners will clamp the string in, making changing strings easier and adding tuning stability, but other than that they act like normal tuners. They won't make it any more difficult or time-consuming to change tunings.
Quote by Wisthekiller

you can get the d-tuna which is made by evh. it goes on the bolt of the e string on your tremolo and it's an instant 1 full step drop in tuning.
Quote by pedromiles101
you can get the d-tuna which is made by evh. it goes on the bolt of the e string on your tremolo and it's an instant 1 full step drop in tuning.

He'll have to get extra routing done if he wants to be able to pull up, though, and it doesn't help with Drop C.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Alright, well, you have all been very helpful! Thanks, guys! I think I'll go with the Hellraiser C-1!
But I'm going to check it out at Guitar Center tomorrow and see how it really is in person. Hopefully, it'll be as good as I'm hoping for, lol.
Go hellraisers!
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

FWIW, you can pick up the hard tail Hellraisers on GC's used site for under $350 any day of the week. They even have one at $279 currenlty (a gloss black C1)..... Personally I like Tempest model the most.