So, have you ever felt some random song was talking about you or to you? Let me explain my case for example.

About a month or so I was very depressed cause I really didn't know what to do with my life. I've been raised in a very religious family of catholics, and so since little I've never even questioned my believes. Until recently. I started to be afraid of missing on life's pleasures just because I was afraid of some punishment that could possibly not even exist. But I was also terrified of said punishment, since I'm also scared to death about eternity.

Anyways, I just got more and more confused, until one day I was coming back from university, listening to my iPod, specifically Motörhead's Inferno album. And during the song "Down On Me" I noticed a little part of the lyrics I hadn't really paid attention to before, it said: "You can be a soldier of love/or you can lose your soul/There's no time/to make sure it's all true." It was almost like Lemmy reached out of my iPod and slapped me in the face. I just thought: "He's so f*cking right." and immediately smiled, haven't really been worried about that issue since.

So Pit, has something like this ever happened to you?
90% of music is meant to be like that...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Yeah, but it's really personal shit that I don't feel like discussing. Not with the Pit anyway. But yes, I know what you mean, TS.
When I was a bit younger I would relate every single song to my life somehow.

Now, I just can't find myself in songs anymore.
Happens a lot. I cry when I listen to music like that. Music is really that powerful to me.
*flameshield*
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Mordecai. Living dreams, loving dreams, awakening to what I've always dreamt of. The familiar sound, the familiar sound of the lovely love from the love of my life will keep the notes coming.

With any problem I've had, this song has brought me back to remember that - "Without music, life would be meaningless" - Friedrich Nietzsche
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
gotten- slash feat. adam levine. it kinda reminded me of a situation i'm in, and i listen to it several times a day.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
sure.

"I trusted in my parents, then they let me down. I trusted in my schooling, and it too let me down. I trusted on religion, but soon it let me down. I trusted in my closest friends, they all let me down."
I used to listen to songs and hear them apply to me...now I usually just write a song that applies to me.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
most songs dont apply to me directly. its the whole religion bashing thing when in fact i am christian. i dont care
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
"Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart" by Against Me! has spoken to me most recently.

More on a universal note, I have always had a great affinity for these lyrics from Springsteen's "New York City Serenade":

So walk tall,
Or baby don't walk at all.

I don't want to tattoo someone else's words on my body, but if I did, I would get those inked.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I haven't paid much attention to lyrics in the last two years, so I can't really say that I've been applying songs to my life.

EDIT: I take that back. When I first heard White Walls by BTBAM (yes I know it's fashionable to troll on them now), there's a part 1:30 in where there's a lyric saying "Who would want a group of people that one can relate with?". Alone, that's just a lyric. Take that guitar part in the background, which I simply love, and I sort of get this vibe of hyper-individualism and sheer ability. Kinda like being isolated because you're just that good.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
Last edited by bearsfan092 at Sep 1, 2010,
Quote by JacobTheMe
When I was a bit younger I would relate every single song to my life somehow.

Now, I just can't find myself in songs anymore.

That shit's pretentious deep