hey EG,
quick question, can anyone tell me the differences between the EMG PA2 and AB? by this i mean how is the boost/overdrive effect differentiate in the sounds of them?
thanks in advance
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Well, from what I know, with Afterburner you can change the amount of boost you're getting, but PA2 is just on/off system.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Same sounding, one is just has an adjustable gain trim on it.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
huh. they cost the same, but the afterburner seems a whole lot better! so i guess i know what im getting
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

Yea, the PA2 came out first and wasn't adjustable, then they came out with the AB which is adjustable.

There is also the ABQ which is the afterburner, but it also has 3 switches which you can mess with to change the resonant freq of your PU. Don't know if they sell it by itself though, as mine came with the ALX set.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
WRONG. The PA2 IS adjustable. But yeah, unluckily you adjust it from the back, like youd have to go to the control cavity. but it is adjustable, just not as handy as the AB.
Quote by fc89konkari
WRONG. The PA2 IS adjustable. But yeah, unluckily you adjust it from the back, like youd have to go to the control cavity. but it is adjustable, just not as handy as the AB.

You are correct, I was wrong.

Either way the AB is better.

ABQ is even better than that.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001
There is also the ABQ which is the afterburner, but it also has 3 switches which you can mess with to change the resonant freq of your PU. Don't know if they sell it by itself though, as mine came with the ALX set.

you have to get the alx set, i already checked that out. but dont you have to take it out to ajust the switches?
Quote by valterra

You do have to open up the cavity to get to the switches but its not really something you are gonna wanna be changing mid song anyways. Same with the gain knob.

Its there to give you the option but once you get it all set up you don't need to mess with it.

It took me a day or 2 to get mine how I wanted it and I havn't touched it since. Once you do change something like that you will then have to re-adjust your amp.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ