Hey guys
I was going to buy a 6505+ 112 combo this weekend hardly used for 450 bucks until i stumbled upon this ad:

"Peavey 60 watt tube amp for sale - $300 obo"

I am selling my Peavey amp, which I have used on stage a few times. It is a 60 Watt TUBE amplifier, and has 2 types of distortion built in for the right sound. The amp comes with a footswitch for reverb, 2 distortions and clean. It has dual inputs and is great for practice as well as gigs.

So, in case he doesn't email me back before this weekend i thought i would just ask you guys if this sounds like a 6505+ 112 as much to you as it does to me. If you guys also identify this as a 6505 I won't buy the $450 amp this weekend, which will end me up with 150-200 bucks cash extra for my new guitar. So yeah, does this sound like a 6505 combo to you too?
My consensus is that is not a 6505+112 combo. That combo does not have a clean channel nor does it have dual inputs.

Plus if it was a 6505+ I think the seller would come out and say it.

And - that is too cheap.

Is it a combo or a head?

There are lots of Peavey amps that probably fit that description though. Check your local (or his local) craigslist or use the link in my sig. Good luck
It's more likely that it's a 5150 combo, just because of what the footswitch says. I'm pretty sure most current Peavey footswitches aren't 4 button.

Could be a XXX too.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Most people who are selling 6505s make it quite clear. It's a damn good amp, and people know that others want to buy 6505s. I think it's not, TS.
Well why wouldn't he state the name of the amp regardless? This is what makes me think this guy is probably a total noob who spent too much on a first amp. And if it's a XXX I'll probably get it instead anyway just cause it's still a really good amp and a really good price.
Maybe an older Peavey Ultra of sorts? Sounds more like an Ultra to me. Not bad amps, look em up...they predated the later XXX models and it may be worth it to go test out.
Last edited by SayAnything at Sep 1, 2010,
If it is, get it. Unless of course you're not looking 4 a heavy tone. I use mine 4 detuned metal type stuff (A standard, etc.), and really like it. Very articulate amp, unbeatable palm mutes. You have to bail those chinese tubes, though. The JJs happen to bias right 4 the combo, and a choke helps. Oh, and they weigh 90lbs. Haha- I chopped the speaker enclosure off mine and just run the head on a 4x12.
Btw, I couldn't find speakers to sound better than those Sheffields, for my sound anyway. V30s are terrible for metal, and the 75 watt celestions are only marginally better. The only thing I could see replacing my 5150 4x12 cab with would be maybe a Vader
the ultra's are great amps and it does sound more like one than a 6505+ 112 go and try it out and see what it is and if you like it first
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Since it has footswitchable reverb it is not a 6505 or XXX/Ultra.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I am selling my Peavey amp, which I have used on stage a few times. It is a 60 Watt TUBE amplifier, and has 2 types of distortion built in for the right sound. The amp comes with a footswitch for reverb, 2 distortions and clean. It has dual inputs and is great for practice as well as gigs

I have a 6505+ 112

it has 1 distortion and it has a crunch on the rythm channel, the footswitch doesnt control reverb on the 112 combo, the reverb is a knob and not switchable, it is either on 0 on on whatever level you want. The footswitch actually changes channels, and activates the crunch on rythm channel on the 6505+ 112. the 112 combo only has one input as well.

I dont think he is describing the 6505+ 112
I love how people selling gear locally don't even think mentioning the model is worth it.

"For sale I have this Fender guitar. It has 6 strings and some knobs. There's no pictures."
/rig
Quote by mespinos
I love how people selling gear locally don't even think mentioning the model is worth it.

"For sale I have this Fender guitar. It has 6 strings and some knobs. There's no pictures."

I know right! But sometimes it's a good thing that they have no idea what they are talking about, you can get some killer deals from people like that.
Quote by Levi79
So the only things that haven't yet been cancelled out are 5150 combo or 6505 212 combo?

Both of those are 120 watts.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by kenfrazee@gmail

Btw, I couldn't find speakers to sound better than those Sheffields, for my sound anyway. V30s are terrible for metal, and the 75 watt celestions are only marginally better. The only thing I could see replacing my 5150 4x12 cab with would be maybe a Vader

V30s are pretty much the industry standard for metal. I'll be the first to say that they aren't great but they're definitely better than the Sheffields and G12T-75s. General consensus is that the Sheffields are some of the worst sounding speakers that come in amps.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

V30s are pretty much the industry standard for metal. I'll be the first to say that they aren't great but they're definitely better than the Sheffields and G12T-75s. General consensus is that the Sheffields are some of the worst sounding speakers that come in amps.

I would have agreed with you on all of that untill I actually A/Bed some stuff next to a cheap old 5150 cab. Ran an Engl Fireball through as well. The v30s were in the M. Boog cab. Just didn't respond well at all on the bottom end, especially with P.mutes. Never would have thought it either, but for seriously detuned licks, the Peaveys were way more articulate and focused. I was in a position to buy a Boog or 1960 cab financially, but opted for the Peavey. Think I'll just take the nameplate off and say it's a Marshall- haha.