I hate to ask this and I would use the search function if i knew what I were talking about. I ordered an Avatar cab, and told Dave I would be using 8 ohm speakers. Then he asks about something pertaining to the wiring (i told him the amp i used and he suggested 16 ohm wiring). He continued talking about running the speakers parallel, stereo, hell i don't know something like that.

I had no idea what he was talking about and just need some clarification before I order the 8ohm speakers. Looking at the back of the cab i see two inputs, and there are two outputs on the back of my head. I am guessing this has something to do with what he was talking about.

Does it work like this? And if so, what is the advantage of using the two seperate connectors?
2 - 8 ohm speakers in series wiring is 16 ohms total
2 - 8 ohm speakers in parallel wiring is 4 ohms total
stereo jacks would mean you could run 2 - 8 ohm amp heads each running off of 1 speaker.

does that help?

wait is this a 4x12 or a 2x12? For some reason I was thinking 212 based on your past posts
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
2 - 8 ohm speakers in series wiring is 16 ohms total
2 - 8 ohm speakers in parallel wiring is 4 ohms total
stereo jacks would mean you could run 2 - 8 ohm amp heads each running off of 1 speaker.

does that help?

wait is this a 4x12 or a 2x12? For some reason I was thinking 212 based on your past posts

You're good.

It is a 2x12

i guess he was talking about series wiring