a guy who is a master at shred metal,and techno etv...or a guy who is very good in all areas such?not outstanding at one thing but a good shredder,acoustic spanish player,jazz player,rock player....and any other style?Does it matter if the 1st guy is a guitar teacher and has more experience?
why does it have to be a competition?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Why do you have to say one is better than the other? They're both good at what they do, aren't they?
cat
Well, it doesn't really matter but it depends what for - I'd rather the first in a Yngwie Malmsteen cover band but the latter in an experimental project for instance.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Deplorable
Didn't we have this same thread a few days ago...?

Pretty sure.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Like if you like metal, then YOU can classify the 1st guitarist as the better one, but if you like everything then YOU can classify the 2nd one as the better guitarist.

But I don´t really care that much because with music there is never a ´better´ guitarist or stuff like that.

Peace out Broholmes
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Minion2580
Someone whos good at all those styles. Like me.

Yeah, you win. You're the best guitarist ever.
Define better guitarist.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by qtx232
a guy who is a master at shred metal,and techno etv...or a guy who is very good in all areas such?not outstanding at one thing but a good shredder,acoustic spanish player,jazz player,rock player....and any other style?Does it matter if the 1st guy is a guitar teacher and has more experience?

The correct answer is Guthrie Govan.

Also try not to repost a thread you made less than a few weeks ago and everyone hated then, ok?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The correct answer is Guthrie Govan.

Also try not to repost a thread you made less than a few weeks ago and everyone hated then, ok?

I love Guthrie, but I disagree, simply because his so called "Hendrix style" playing is fail.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
music is not a competition (but I'm winning).

e-cookies for referrence.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
There's no better guitarists. You either like 'em or you don't.

Me, I have respect for guitarists no matter what genre as I'll never be as good as them. I'm an outsider guitarist, I follow no standards.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
the guy skilled in all areas, its easy for him to find work and takes longer to memorize and learn more than one style
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse