Could a person ever say this? Maybe not met every individual but every personality type, or do you think everyone are an individual little snowflake indistinguishable from the rest?

I think there are so few types of personalities you can say something like that in the thread title. Each person is composed differently, but going beyond their childhoods, interests, knowledge, abmitions, how different are people really, fundamentally?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think people can be put into different stereotypes, and within each stereotype there are subgroups and within each subgroup there are different kinds of people, but at that point it stops.

I've met a group of people at a concert that had the exact same number of people as my group of friends, and there was a person that was exactly like someone in our group. It was a carbon copy of my social circle.

So yes, with alot of time a person can meet "everyone"
I havn't changed this thing in a year.

I LOVE GIANT YELLOW TEXT!
People may have similar enough personalities, but no one can say this until they've actually met everyone in the world and confirmed that there isn't some abnormal hidden personality somewhere. It may be true that there are a few general personality types that everyone falls into but it won't be true until it's confirmed.
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Sep 1, 2010,
Meeting every personality type would be far, far different than meeting every individual in the world. Misleading title imo.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Meet this! *Whips out *****.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Kensai
Each person is composed differently, but going beyond their childhoods, interests, knowledge, abmitions, how different are people really, fundamentally?

All those things are what shapes us. You can't really exclude it and see what's left, cause there's no way to tell how much these factors shape the person.

We all shape parts of our personality from a collective consciousness, but we are all drawing from different ones, and even several. And the rest of our personality is filled with the things you've mentioned.
EDIT: Different parts of the collective consciousness would probably be a more accurate way of saying it

Going back to fundamentals and how we are born, we are all capeable of the same skills and feeling the same emotions (you know, ceteris paribus), but upbringing knownledge etc. is what changes how (or if) we use these skills, emotions etc.

Therefore, everyone will be different. But a lot can seem the same on a first hand impression because of the categories others have mentioned as well
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Last edited by Senor Kristian at Sep 1, 2010,
I see what you mean, but I think that because trends and cultures change over time then I don't think you can.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
while they were meeting people, more people were being born, so hed have to meet them, and while hes doing that more people were being born, so hed have to meet them, and while he was doing that....
To meet each individual of the world would be near enough damn impossible. There's what 6 billion edging 7 billion. Could be possible though if you spoke to each one for like under a minute.

Personality type though everyone is different even if they seem the same.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Nope. There will always be another new person to meet unless nobody is born on the day you meet the last person.
No, I don't think so. Human beings are unique individuals so, whilst there may be similarities and common ground between then, everyone will have their own little personality traits and nuances that no one else has. Unless you have actually met every person in the world, which would obviously be impossible, you can't say that you have encountered every personality type.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Obviously it's going to be unconfirmed until you've actually met everyone, but ignoring that do you think the majority can be categorized into a relatively few types of personalities?

Quote by Senor Kristian
All those things are what shapes us. You can't really exclude it and see what's left, cause there's no way to tell how much these factors shape the person.

We all shape parts of our personality from a collective consciousness, but we are all drawing from different ones, and even several. And the rest of our personality is filled with the things you've mentioned.
EDIT: Different parts of the collective consciousness would probably be a more accurate way of saying it

Going back to fundamentals and how we are born, we are all capeable of the same skills and feeling the same emotions (you know, ceteris paribus), but upbringing knownledge etc. is what changes how (or if) we use these skills, emotions etc.

Therefore, everyone will be different. But a lot can seem the same on a first hand impression because of the categories others have mentioned as well

I really don't think people are that different. I used to, though, but the older you get the more similar everyone becomes. I can go out and talk to people and think "I've met a girl like her before". Not neccessarily someone with her voice, clothes and interests but her personality; the way she thinks and act.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Sep 1, 2010,
I like to think myself as special and unique, and im sure everyone things the same, you can find people look a like you , but never the same..so i dont think u can meet every type of personality.
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
Quote by Kensai
I really don't think people are that different. I used to, though, but the older you get the more similar everyone becomes. I can go out and talk to people and think "I've met a girl like her before". Not neccessarily someone with her voice, clothes and interests but her personality; the way she thinks and act.

I can easily relate to that. When I meet new people, it doesn't take long for me to make some assumption and think "oh, she's that kind of girl", and from that already know a lot about the person (I'm obviously wrong now and again). But I still think (or at least hope) that's just the exterior of it; the way that person chooses to interact on first encounters.

Norms, trends, subcultures etc. sort of inhibits the number of reactions we take for every action (what's accepted, tolerated). So a person using the same "set" of reactions is very possible. But over time, and when we get more comfortable we'll get beyond that, and be able to just not care
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Last edited by Senor Kristian at Sep 1, 2010,
Yeah, except for the Guy Who Kills Everyone He Meets. No one alive knows him.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
With scientists playing 'God' we will soon be meeting some anarchic half gorilla type personality
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
no.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I think that even if someone did ever manage to meet each personality type, they would never know that they had. So yes, you can know everyone, but you can't know that you know everyone.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Yeah, except for the Guy Who Kills Everyone He Meets. No one alive knows him.

Then how do you know he exists?

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Then how do you know he exists?

Because I made him up.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Because I made him up.

...fair enough.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest