Right, so I'm looking for a good budget electric guitar to get me started in my band. We play different types of rock and punk. I found three which were around my price range of >200 Euro. That price should also allow me to buy other accessories such as a gig bag, tuner and so on.

http://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/NLG/Behringer-GPK-836-BK-E-Git.-Set-Black/art-GIT0015446-000

http://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/NLG/_SET_-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Junior-SC-WH-Combo-Bag-Kabel/art-GIT374

http://www.musicstore.com/nl_NL/NLG/Gitaren/Elektrische-gitaren/_SET_-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-Fame-GX15R-Combo-Kabel/art-GIT153

I can't currently test any of these guitars until purchase because the music stores near me only offer really expensive guitars or their own custom branded guitars. Which guitar should I be leaning towards?
uhm.
you dont have an amp right..
hmm
you'll have to look for those beginner kits, they include gig bags, and amps as well. and MAYBE if you're lucky, a tuner <but those beginner kit tuners are horrible>
anyway.
check out the fender squier beginner kit. its around your price range.
or the ibanez beginner kit.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
First link includes a lot of stuff, which is good. But Behringer are awful in comparison to Epiphone to be honest - My first guitar was a Behringer and my second was an Epiphone, so trust me. I would go for the third.
Well to be honest,

Beginners set underneath €200 are most of the time pretty awful. And the amp is more than likely not loud enough for a gig. If I were you I would REALLY save some more bucks so you can buy an amp (€240) that is loud enough for some gigging and a cheap decent guitar (€160)
But if for some reasons you can`t I`d advise the 3rd...
Save up a little more and you can get something that will not only sound good, but stick around for a while. Between those the second and third are least worst; neither guitar is great, and Spiders are fairly bad, and I've never heard of Fame.

How seriously are you planning on taking this? Not to sound condescending or anything, but if you want to gig and everything, saving up will be more than worth it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
just not the second one. it's a les paul junior, which is 3/4 size and you'd outgrow it quickly, if not immediately. so yeah, the 3rd one looks to be the best.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
none of those will last long. i sugesst saving a bit more and getting a used guitar and amp that will do you much better in the long run.
Always Rock!
I highly doubt any of those amps in any of those starter kits is going to be loud enough for anything other then room level.
I just don't see any of those guitar packages working well. The guitars you showed are fine, but you need a bigger amp even if you don't play at full volume.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
To play in a band you'll unfortunately need a larger budget. none of those amps can keep up with a drummer, let alone even sound good.

I'd say keep your current Squier strat, try to sell your frontman and buy an amp that fits your styles. Even though your Strat is SSS it should be okay for rock and punk. I can't see any of the guitars you posted being better than your Squier.
Quote by s12k17
none of those will last long. i sugesst saving a bit more and getting a used guitar and amp that will do you much better in the long run.

This.

Try to find a used Yamaha Pacifica 112v (awesome guitars) and a used 30watt Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube, or VOX ValveTronix.
It is, by far, a better option.

EDIT:
Wait, you already have a Squier Strat and a Fender Frontman 15G?

Forget about new stuff.
For the past couple of years i've been using my Fender Frontman 15G at band rehearsals and jam sessions, and it's enough. I have it always on the clean channel, and throw in my pedalboard for effects.

Play with the Squier Strat and the Fender Frontman, and upgrade only when you have enough money to make a worthy purchase.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Sep 1, 2010,
At the moment I only have a really cheap acoustic guitar. I own a Squier guitar and Fender amp but they are not in the same country. Shipping them over would cost me nearly as much as they are worth and I just want a temp guitar and amp to practice with. I know that I'll need a better amp sooner or later but I am starting uni in September and have a lot of other expenses to pay at the minute.
Quote by akaNatWest
At the moment I only have a really cheap acoustic guitar. I own a Squier guitar and Fender amp but they are not in the same country. Shipping them over would cost me nearly as much as they are worth and I just want a temp guitar and amp to practice with. I know that I'll need a better amp sooner or later but I am starting uni in September and have a lot of other expenses to pay at the minute.

Fair enough.

I stand by what i said previously: look for a used Yamaha Pacifica 112v and a used 30watt Peavey Vypyr, Roland Cube, or VOX ValveTronix.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
ibanez do a good starter-pack deal with the GRG-something i think it is
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.