Hey guys

I was just looking to find some acoustic fingerpicking artists/songs that aren't greatly popular, every thread (relative to this one) I look in seems to have the same well known bands and I'm looking for an artist who's songs are different and fun to play at the same time, like 'The tallest man on earth' or 'Fionn Regan' for example.

Cheers for the help
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
I thought of a couple of people/songs that fit that description:

Dan Arborise
Tom Hanson
Alexi Murdoch
Scott Matthews

Leo Kottke - The Fisherman
Bevel - Exitrance
David Bromberg, Jorma kaukonen, Chris Smither, dozens of classic bluesmen....
Bromberg.... Long-time 'roots' blues and bluegrass player. Equally adept with flatpicked solos and fingerstyle blues..And a mean fiddle player as well. Also a fine entertainer; try to check out his version of Statesboro Blues.
Kaukonnen......Longtime guitarist for Jefferson Airplane; currently doing acoustic blues and traditional music.
Smither.... Singer-songwriter; superb guitarist.
that's great, thanks for the help guys, but are there any more modern acoustic artists with a strange style/sound as opposed to blues guitar style and whatnot
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Nick drake is relatively well known I would have thought, I'm really looking for more recent artists
Tommy Emmanuel is a proper wizard but be warned some of his stuff is proper advanced stuff.
Try out the new Bombay Bicycle Club from Flaws (their acoustic album).

Something like Leaving Blues or Flaws are quite fun and interesting to play