Good Morning, I am interested in purchasing an amp that is a step up for me. I have had a Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 1x10 for the past four years.

I am in a band and we play classic rock and blues. We mainly practice more than we play and we really don't have any desire to play but maybe 6 times per year.

What would you all recommend for me to look at? I am thinking that I would step up to a 50 watt give or take. I do like the ability to set the watts at 5 or 10 as I am practicing at home.

Thanks, Shane
How many $$ are u willing to spend??
What's your budget and what are you looking to change about your tone?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Huh? You've got an Express for rock and blues and you want something else? Is it the size and the wattage that you're not liking or do you really think the amp sounds bad?
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
also, what country do you live in? a bunch of mesas, as fatalgear mentioned, have got the specs you want, but they're very expensive in europe, where there may be better-value options.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm a general dentist so my price range is $1000.00-2000.00. I definitely like my Express but those few times we have played outside I noticed it sure doesn't sound very loud but we also have mics on our amps.
Shane
for classic rock and blues? 5e3 all the way.

if you are mic'ing it you don't need 50 watts of anything.

toss the right od out front, good to go.
yeah i mean personally i wouldn't really be using a mesa for lower gain stuff either, i'd be getting something more vintage. marshall 18 watters (or clones) are really nice too, also might be worth considering.

that's if you don't need cleans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You know sometimes you have those days where you have one thing in mind to talk about and you forget you have something else. Well I'm having one of those days. I also have a Fender Blues Jr. I don't use it very much but it is a pretty good amp, too.

We you go to a concert and you see the musicians with all these amps stacked on one another. How loud do they actually have it set on the stage and are they actually using all the cabinets or is it setup to look good and all they need to use is just a couple?

Shane
Quote by smiledoc
You know sometimes you have those days where you have one thing in mind to talk about and you forget you have something else. Well I'm having one of those days. I also have a Fender Blues Jr. I don't use it very much but it is a pretty good amp, too.

We you go to a concert and you see the musicians with all these amps stacked on one another. How loud do they actually have it set on the stage and are they actually using all the cabinets or is it setup to look good and all they need to use is just a couple?

Shane

More often than not, it's the latter. Even in large stadiums, musicians tend to only have one or two cabs hooked up and mic'ed through the PA system. The rest are for show - many of them aren't even loaded with speakers.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard