Hey guys, my first time posting in here so make it brutal.

I wrote this song in one sitting a few nights ago and would like to know people's opinions on it or anything that could be improved. It's the most generic piece of metal-core music you'll ever hear except that it doesn't have a breakdown, but that's the type of thing my band wants me to write.

Also, I used b Minor instead of c Minor just to try to throw everyone off, since it seems like every band that plays in drop c writes ALL their stuff in c.

If you recognize any riffs in there that I subconsciously stole let me know. I feel like I might recognize the first two bars of the intro but I'm not sure.

One more thing, I don't play drums or bass, nor do I know anything about playing them. Therefore these tracks are horribly made and consist of straight double kick and root notes (respectively). Don't hurt me
Attachments:
genericore.gp4
genericore.gp5
genericore.mid
You will bow at my feet or I'll rip out your knees

and make of your face all the carnage you crave
Last edited by 6StringSlaughtr at Sep 1, 2010,
I'm not even gonna listen to it.
You said it yourself - it sound like the most generic metalcore, which equals garbage music. If I were you I'd leave the band, why should your creativity be limited by some idiots who don't have it?
Wow, that wasn't the response I was expecting. I don't even know what to say to that.

Quote by piszczel
I'm not even gonna listen to it.
You said it yourself - it sound like the most generic metalcore, which equals garbage music. If I were you I'd leave the band, why should your creativity be limited by some idiots who don't have it?

Listen to it. It's good. Main riff is catchy as ****. Sweet solo as well
That was pretty good, actually. Really liked the solo. I'd change the outro personally, but your call.
All is ghost in memory and poison in the sun
Thanks guys, I forgot to mention that I'd love to c4c so post your links if you've got em.

Im just writing this as im listening, and I like it, and dont mind the douche above, just because he doesnt like this music he doesnt have to flame here. I personally dont really listen to metalcore either but anyway.

The riffs in this song is really cool. But one think i thought of is that almost every riff is straight 16 notes all the time. it can be good to have som rests and some riffs which doesnt go so fast. I also think it would be cool with some powerchords under the riffs. Like when the harmony kicks in. im just sayin

Anyway, great song!

PS the chorus like part was epic! The one startin at 49
Ok I've had a listen.
It's not that bad, doesn't sound too generic.
I still don't understand why would you stay in a band where you get told to sound generic.
I hear what you're saying about the straight sixteenth notes, it's like a bad habit for me. I really wanted to keep momentum throughout this song though, so that's one of the reasons for that I guess.

And I wasn't told to sound generic, I was told to sound metal-core. And I don't agree with you throwing an entire genre out for garbage, there are so many creative metal-core bands, but this obviously isn't the place for an argument, but thanks for the listen anyways.

Hey man.

That was really good imo. Exactly what I like. What sort of vocals were you thinking of having?

The intro was very catchy. Great start to the song.

The verse was pretty good too. Nothing else to say.

Pre-chorus and Chorus are good too. Especially the chorus.

The bridge is pretty cool. The tapping before the solo is rather good.

The solo was awesome imo. Sounded great.

And then the chorus and intro/outro finish the song well.

Overall, it's a very solid song. The drums weren't as bad as I expected them to be. As others have said, just try and get away from straight sixteenth notes in future songs. They fitted this song fine though. Not much else to say. Just keep up the good work

C4C
Dude that actually sounded pretty damn good. I liked the notes you used for the solo. Very powerful.

The Verses were great and I thought the chorus wasn't that generic. My favorite part would have to be the bridge but what brought the song down was the pre chorus for me. Writing some more interesting drums would definatly kick this song into another world but they work.

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354174
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
^ To those above, I agree that the pre-chorus is the weakest, I was wondering if others would come to that conclusion as well. I think the rhythm guitar for that part is a little off, but hopefully my band's other guitarist can think of something better, cus that's all I've got.

And ya, I can't wait to hear this with some decent drums. Vocals will probably be your standard screaming and maybe singing during the chorus. I don't know, not really my department

Also, you guys don't know how encouraged I am knowing that I'm writing some decent stuff. Usually I hate everything I write

The straight 16th drumming did get to me a bit. I think if you just change up the drumming in even just the pre-chorus it will make a massive difference. Maybe have it chill out a bit and then build up to the chorus in the last bar.
I liked it to be honest. Definately work on the drums though
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, thank God the russians created UG. Otherwise, how would I have gotten this information?
The drums are my biggest concern. You had the exact same beat the ENTIRE song with slight variations on the bass drum, that would be so irritatingly boring to listen to live I don't know what I'd do with myself lol. The riffs are actually pretty good, albeit slightly repetitive after awhile. If I heard it on an album I'd just think of it as a somewhat average filler song.
The drumms are just boring

whole song is boring. Doesn't sound very interessting

5/10.
As I said in the OP guys, I know absolutely nothing about drumming, maybe you missed that...