Poll: Blairs new book, and your opinion of him.
Poll Options
View poll results: Blairs new book, and your opinion of him.
I support Blair on his descion to invade Iraq.
8 14%
I will buy/read his memoirs.
6 11%
I do not support Blair on his descion to invade Iraq.
38 68%
I will not buy/read his memoirs.
46 82%
Voters: 56.
Okay, so Blair's new book is out today in the UK: called "A Journey" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Journey and i was wondering what the general opinion on him is.

So UG, what are your opinions on him and his desicion to initiate war? Will you buy his book? What party do you support etc.?

Okay, this is probably a thread doomed to fail, but I thought it was interesting . Before any smartasses decide to point out there is a politics thread, I, A: wanted a poll to see peoples opinions, and B: as it is a specific subject, felt an induvicual thread would be appropriate.

Poll coming.

EDIT: hmm, shouldve inculded "i dont care" on the poll...
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 1, 2010,
Well, I don't support any major party, although I would rather Labour/Lib Dem to the tories. I will also not buy a book from a political figure who I don't really care for.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
No, I won't be buying his memoirs, he was George Bush's bitch.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
If I could afford to buy it, I probably would. I'll probably just try and read someone else's copy though. I'm amazed at how many people are so quick to condemn without even considering reading.

/not a Labour or Blair supporter
I have no interest in reading the memoirs of, or giving money to, that horrible warmongering right-wing twat.
Quote by alexmonty12
If I could afford to buy it, I probably would. I'll probably just try and read someone else's copy though. I'm amazed at how many people are so quick to condemn without even considering reading.

/not a Labour or Blair supporter

You don't have to read it to know that he's going to say that he doesn't regret going into Iraq.

Quite frankly, I have more important books to read than one that will bitch about Gordon Brown to no end and try and justify an illegal war.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Yeah i'm going to buy it.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by I.O.T.M
You don't have to read it to know that he's going to say that he doesn't regret going into Iraq.

Quite frankly, I have more important books to read than one that will bitch about Gordon Brown to no end and try and justify an illegal war.
That's true. I just saw it as an unwillingness to even bother listening to the man. I suppose it'll be all over the news this week about everything he's said.
lol, not many people like him fair enough.

im neutral on the topic, so meh dont really lean towards any party
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I'm more interested in reading Bush's memoirs. However the British did do an outstanding job in Iraq so thank you for giving us a hand.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Last edited by Luke200420 at Sep 1, 2010,
Quote by pwnerer
Maybe he'll add illustrations. I'd read that.

And he might be able to include a 3 syllable word in it!

Feck him and his book. What a cynical tosser, releasing it now, just as Labour needs to move on.

What scares me a bit (not much, since he's irrelevant), is how right-wing the bits I've seen have been. How the **** did this tosser get to lead Labour?
Quote by gabcd86
Feck him and his book. What a cynical tosser, releasing it now, just as Labour needs to move on.

What scares me a bit (not much, since he's irrelevant), is how right-wing the bits I've seen have been. How the **** did this tosser get to lead Labour?

Such as? I really don't know much about Tony Blair.

Quote by gabcd86

Labour had near enough given up hope of being elected as they were because the Tories had been in power for 18 years. Desperation.

And he lied. A lot.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I'm not sure whether or not to be more annoyed about the fact that he is an awful human being, or the fact that z-list celebrity culture has gotten so strong that even a retired politicain with absolutely nothing new to say is allowed to remain in the spotlight. Both are annoying, though the war criminal thing is probably slightly worse.
I'd much rather see Gordon Brown's memoirs.

Chapter 38. That posh cunt still hasn't resigned.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by metallicafan616
Such as? I really don't know much about Tony Blair.

Well, for one, he supports the coalition.

Try the Guardian webpage - they've got a lot of little bits.