ok first i apologize for not knowing where to post this.
now the problem,i have a mexican strat and a vyper 30 (first gear i ever got and didnt know anything about gear)
sometimes when im jamming everthing sound good (definitly not great,but good)
anyway,other times its allmost like the tone im getting makes me sound out of tune if that makes sense,is that it or is my strat going out when i bend or what? i take good care of my stuff and i think im doing everything right but i just dont know,anyone here know what can help me? allso something to fix my awful tone,which would be best for me to do : new pickups,new guitar,or new amp?
Maybe it's the way you're playing. The amps tone will make you sound different, but I've never sounded out of tune because of an amp.
How many springs are in the back?
Do you use the trem much?
What string gauge?
How hard do you pick?

I only ask the last one because sometimes if I get really into it I'll be making the strings go out of tune from playing to hard. Normally takes a couple hours to do that though.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
not sure about springs.i did open the back a few months ago to lower the bridge thing,as for the trem,i dont use at all.mexican strats trem's suck,use them once and you have to stop and retune.as for string guage its standard,i forget size,buts its not heavy nor light.and pick.....i dont pay attention,i switch between california cleans and big stubbys.
Could also be that your intonation isn't set properly thats why you sound out of tune.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
ill recheck my intonation,even tho when i loward my bridg last time (it got so dang high because i actuall use to use my tremolo) i fixed the intonation then.
yes and no. if you play an atonal chord or note by accident then it could sound out of tune with the rest of what you are playing. chances are its more a matter of technique. often beginers (and sometimes folks that have been playng forever) will finger a chord etc and perhaps bend one sting a little to much making it sound out of tune. improper fretting will also make things sound out of tune as well. you may have intonation issues as well. a good set up may clear up some of your problems. also it will help your trem stay in tune as i've found that a well set up fender style trem works fine.
Quote by monwobobbo
yes and no. if you play an atonal chord or note by accident then it could sound out of tune with the rest of what you are playing. chances are its more a matter of technique. often beginers (and sometimes folks that have been playng forever) will finger a chord etc and perhaps bend one sting a little to much making it sound out of tune. improper fretting will also make things sound out of tune as well. you may have intonation issues as well. a good set up may clear up some of your problems. also it will help your trem stay in tune as i've found that a well set up fender style trem works fine.

thanks,i dont know anything about gear,i play decent i really do,just dont sound good at all,ill take things slower and see if i can figure it out.