I was just wondering if anyone knew a cheaper alternative to a gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway. I played it in a shop in Birmingham and really liked its style and the way it played, but it was completely out of budget.

My budget is about £500 ($775 US) and it was over a grand and - being 15 - I can't really muster up the cash at the moment.

If anyone has any cheaper alternatives that'd be great.

Gag-Bob.
a double cut PRS SE maybe?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
PRS SE Custom 22/24, maybe an SG of some sort. A Faded SG runs what, $750 new? Even less used.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
I think he wants a legitimate DC. I think Agile has one, but they have P-90s in it.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Deffinately Yamaha SG.

Not a new one, the old 80s MIJ ones, SG800 should fetch around the £500 mark on eBay.

THeyre arguably better than gibbys. Slimmer neck profile too.

LP DCs go for around £600/700 on eBay too.
Last edited by beckyjc at Sep 1, 2010,
MIJ tokai would be worth considering- they have a doublecut with humbuckers for about £600, or if you mean the one with p90s, they have one of those too for a similar price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?