Hey guys... My guitar fell off the wall and fell on my couch, but one piece of the long wing broke.. I'm ****in devastated since it's just a month old...

this is how it looks...

Quote by Bingt
shit dude, any way to glue it on there?

nah only small bits fell off..
sucks to be you.

go to a luthier, they might be able to fix it

EDIT: you mean its just a small chip at the end of the fin? leave it, its gives your guitar more character, makes it look like its well used. Well thats what i'd do
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Last edited by bikerboyjosh at Sep 1, 2010,
My old RR3 broke the same way. Just get some wood glue and put it back on. It doesnt look as good as new, but its not obvious that its broke either.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw your other post. That sucks, I dont know what to tell you. Maybe try a luthier like the other guy said.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
yeah, thats a common problem with V shaped guitars... at least you've learned for next time to keep them on a stand, or lay it down flat (opt for the first though).

my suggestion would be to see if there's any way to re-attach the broken bits. glue the small broken bits together first, and see if you can then attach it to the guitar. if not, you could try to make your own bit and glue it, or simply just put some finish on the broken bit and call it a battle scar. thats about all you can really do.

good luck buddy...
Quote by User_Name336
yeah, thats a common problem with V shaped guitars... at least you've learned for next time to keep them on a stand, or lay it down flat (opt for the first though).

my suggestion would be to see if there's any way to re-attach the broken bits. glue the small broken bits together first, and see if you can then attach it to the guitar. if not, you could try to make your own bit and glue it, or simply just put some finish on the broken bit and call it a battle scar. thats about all you can really do.

good luck buddy...

thanks man, well im thinking of cutting the ugly piece off, make it smooth and paint it white, it will look a bit custom and not that bad , im guessing..
Yeah that's 110% common with the RR models. I had a chip in mine, fortunately it came off in one whole piece and I glued it back on and painted it with a matching colour and it's barely noticeable. Most modern style V's have that issue, mainly because of the thin edges, and it can be a real ballbuster.
Quote by Engel22
Yeah that's 110% common with the RR models. I had a chip in mine, fortunately it came off in one whole piece and I glued it back on and painted it with a matching colour and it's barely noticeable. Most modern style V's have that issue, mainly because of the thin edges, and it can be a real ballbuster.

Yeah it's the most awesome type of guitar tho, so that wnot stop my next guitar from being V shaped
Don't cut it down chief. You can rebuild it. You can make it better, stronger, faster. Happened to me during postage. A lutheir can fix it no problem.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210999&page=1&pp=20&highlight=rooster87

Pics on page 1 and 3. It plays wicked still and hasn't let me down. Obviously i'm heaps careful with that fin now.

Good luck
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Studio black
Jackson RR3 transparent red
Agile Hornet Pro 6 White
Ibanez RG7321FM BBS
Randall RG50TC
order something called a herculies wall hanger they are super safe and as long as the guitar is on it it uses the guitars weight to its advantage so when the guitar is wieghing down the wall hanger 2 flaps close in on the guitar so its basically locked there and it cant fall off
Guitars
PRS Custom 24
Ibanez ndm-1 NOODLE
Jackson Kelly Proffesional KE2
Greg Bennet Acoustic

Amps
Peavey ValveKing 100 Watt halfstack
Marshal MG 50 FX :p

Pedals
MXR 10 band EQ
Boss DS-1
Meh, sucks now, in a month you won't even care.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by User_Name336

good luck buddy...

Actually my Douglas V doesnt have this problem. Probably cause it doesnt fallow the traditional RR shape meaning it doesnt curve on the inside. It makes me thankful that Douglas Guitars got lazy when cutting out the randy rhoads copies *sometimes*.

@TS - You could cut off another piece to have straight spot then copy the shape you need onto another piece of wood and cut, sand, glue, then refinish. I personally would just do what the other guy said and treat it like that $500 vase that you don't want your mom to know you broke. or in my case the $3 unicorn.
Coming across this thread is really ironic because not 10 minutes ago I just jumped out of bed (in a weird muscle spasm kind of way) and knocked my RR5 down and it banged against my computer chair and made some nasty noises -- which is almost always just leaning up against my bed. I was like FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU cuz it too is only about a month old. I then proceed to log onto UG and whaddya know...

You're not alone man!