I quite liked that. The bass sound got slightly repetitive after a while, I'd perhaps vary the rhythm of it a bit more. I definitely liked the first short break around the 1:30 mark.

My only quarrel with the production was the snare sound. It was just too weak. Needed to be louder and a hell of a lot more punchy. It felt like there needed to be an entire extra snare underneath the hand-claps you had going on.

Impressive attempt though.
Kudos to a fellow Reason user! Haha

The song is very dancable, as house music should be, good work! I've always wanted to make dance music.

I like the main synth melody, it's a nice one to repeat as it isn't overbearing or annoying.

You have a solid, punchy beat, which I like. It works very well. Zipho seems to not be able to hear it, maybe it's because I'm using super bassy headphones or something.

However, I think the vocals you put it in are a bit...Tacky. The song could do without them.

But it's very groovy, I actually really like it! Good job!

C4C please? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1357550 this thread is actually about my folk music, but I have electronic music in my other album. Thanks for looking!
Quote by Gerbos
Zipho seems to not be able to hear it, maybe it's because I'm using super bassy headphones or something.

I'm using a pair of Celestion hi-fi speakers with a considerable amount of bass boost; it wasn't the low end that was the problem. I thought the kick drum was fine. I just thought the snare lacked body. It needed more crack.
Quote by Ziphoblat
I'm using a pair of Celestion hi-fi speakers with a considerable amount of bass boost; it wasn't the low end that was the problem. I thought the kick drum was fine. I just thought the snare lacked body. It needed more crack.
Oh, after another listen, I just realized you're right, the mids are a bit thin. Sorry, my bad.
Quote by jktheman
Love it! How did you make it? I'm interested in electronic music..

First off you need to get yourself a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) program most definitely. Choosing one can be quite tricky. If you get something like Reaper, you'll have to rely chiefly on synth and effect third party plug-ins, however I use Reason, an entirely self-contained MIDI based DAW, the only downside being you can't use third party plug ins.

After you got that, a MIDI controller keyboard is a good start, along with some decent monitors to listen to it on. Also an audio interface will help get rid of latency issues (a time delay that arises during the conversion of digital data to audio). This stuff isn't exactly essential, but will make it so much easier.

Sorry if you already know all that, I just took your question from the most basic of levels just in case!

Anyway. Next, in your DAW, you'll usually have to create MIDI tracks (not audio) and enter the notes (and drums). Its fairly easy once you see what I mean.

You'll need a bunch of different synth plug ins, a drum machine plug in, possibly a sampler and whatever effects you want, and just go from there. Its easier than it sounds.

I found tutorials on youtube extremely helpful when I first started, particularly Boy In A Band (his 7 day song tutorials are brilliant) and DJ Lucky Date. This is all assuming the software route of course, but the hardware route is a whole different ball game.

If this wasn't what you were asking, just totally ignore me dude!
Last edited by Aaron!! at Sep 3, 2010,
Critting as I listen.. though I am by no means a fan of this style of music so take my opinion as such.
It sounds very much like any other generic techno dance song in structure.. good or bad? i have no idea.
I dig the jazzy little melody in the back that sounds like its from sonic the hedgehog.
the fuzz bass melody things that come in are pretty cool too.

That is all i can really say haha. thanks for the crit
I love it!

I like all the breaks you have in it and the effects you put in whenever a new instrument comes in. You managed to keep my attention without it getting boring even though you were just basically improvising over your initial melody in various forms.

Very nice dude.

by the way..I remixed my beat a little bit. I put a different kick in, messed with the volumes a little and added a baseline in the beginning. I'm still working on it and it's not a song by any means; it doesn't follow a format. Still experimenting..

I also exported it in the highest quality possible so there's a better quality of sound too. Please let me know what you think.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25164785#post25164785
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!