Hi,
After my guitar lesson I figured I should ask my teacher about a few pieces of equipment I should had. He strongly recommended cables with Neutrik plugs. Would this be a good decision in buying cables, or is there anything else I should look for? I would like to keep it below £15 as far as possible, so is there any suggestions of cables to look out for? Thanks.
You could build a 10-12" instrument cable using Neutrik plugs and Mogami 2524 cable for that price. I live in the states, so my conversion rates would be off, but I assume you price range equates to slightly less than $20(US). For that price range, Mogami 2524 I get for .70/ft and depending on the Neutrik plugs you prefer, they rznge from $1-$8.50. The $8.50 variety being a rt angle Neutrik Silent Plug. Get a Neutrik NP2X-BAG for about $3 and a straight Neutrik Silent Plug for $7.50 and 12' of Mogami 2524 all for under $20. Of course you would have to solder the plugs to the cable, but for that price, you are getting a very good quality instrument cable.
^ Or you could just buy a 15' LiveWire cable from GC for $13.

Obviously that isn't an option for the TS, since there are no Guitar Centers there, but just lettin ya know
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I had this happen to me and the ball stuck in my amp input with a cheaper cable, so yeah, worth buying them.
I personally prefer Amphenol (the really bulky ones that Planet Waves use sometimes) just because they feel much more heavy duty to me.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Tempoe
I had this happen to me and the ball stuck in my amp input with a cheaper cable, so yeah, worth buying them.

that was a bad thing to happen but still kinda funny situation for others to look at though.
Anyways, definitely get better quality cables. Neutrik are supposedly good plugs but then again stuff happens sometimes like in the pic there
However I'm dying to get my hands on some for a couple of months now, darn hardware stores don't sell them here
I wish I had a platinum credit card to import stuff online from abroad
award session/cleartone or kabl both use neutrik plugs and should be under budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?