Unlock the nut.
Tune it.
Lock it.
Fine tune it.
Check intonation.

It's not a major change or anything.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Unlock the nut.
Tune it.
Lock it.
Fine tune it.
Check intonation.

It's not a major change or anything.

You might need to change the spring tension too.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

This is a large and comprehensive guitar website. Chances are for something as common as setting up an FR, your question has been answered a million times already. Because of this, it's asked that you use the search function up top to look for answers before asking the question again.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I'd just use the fine-tuners, personally. o_o I moved those all over the place on my BC Rich and the bridge never budged. The normal tuners, that's another story.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
The OFR Thread posted by DaddyTwoFoot,
TS I don't mean to be a jerk but that thread is the first thing you see when you open the Electric Guitar sub-forum page ...

/thread
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

This is a large and comprehensive guitar website. Chances are for something as common as setting up an FR, your question has been answered a million times already. Because of this, it's asked that you use the search function up top to look for answers before asking the question again.

Ha! Thanks, I needed a chuckle!
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Ts, the thing you need to know with floating trems is that everytime you change tunings, your going to have adjust the tensions of the springs in the back of the guitar, or the guitar will go out of tune. This is because in order for a floating trem to stay in tune, the tension of the springs must equal the tension of the strings. When they are equal, the bridge will always come back to the same spot, and the guitar will stay in tune.

The easiest way to change tunics with a FR is to do it one string at a time. Unlock the nut, tune the lowest string to an Eb, then lock the nut and loosen the tension of the springs a touch. Now whammy and see how much the first string is out of tune, ignore all the other strings right now. Depending on how much the first string is out of tune, add or remove tension from the springs again. (if it's a little sharp, remove tension, if it's a little flat, add some.) continue to do this with just the first string until it stays in tune after you whammy. Now repeat that will all the strings, one by one, until they are all on tune and stay in tune.

It's going to be annoying the first few times you do it, but the more you do it, the better and quicker you'll get.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by metalhead2475
Im new to Floyd Roses and I want to know the best way to tune a floyd to Eb tuning

Bring it to a shop... Where do you live? I can recommend some.
Quote by Ratraisin
Ha! Thanks, I needed a chuckle!

Right.

Probably shouldn't act like one of the good ol' boys unless you actually are one, eh?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Right.

Probably shouldn't act like one of the good ol' boys unless you actually are one, eh?

Cool, let me know when I pass that milestone.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Last edited by Ratraisin at Sep 2, 2010,
Quote by biga29
Ts, the thing you need to know with floating trems is that everytime you change tunings, your going to have adjust the tensions of the springs in the back of the guitar, or the guitar will go out of tune. This is because in order for a floating trem to stay in tune, the tension of the springs must equal the tension of the strings. When they are equal, the bridge will always come back to the same spot, and the guitar will stay in tune.

The easiest way to change tunics with a FR is to do it one string at a time. Unlock the nut, tune the lowest string to an Eb, then lock the nut and loosen the tension of the springs a touch. Now whammy and see how much the first string is out of tune, ignore all the other strings right now. Depending on how much the first string is out of tune, add or remove tension from the springs again. (if it's a little sharp, remove tension, if it's a little flat, add some.) continue to do this with just the first string until it stays in tune after you whammy. Now repeat that will all the strings, one by one, until they are all on tune and stay in tune.

It's going to be annoying the first few times you do it, but the more you do it, the better and quicker you'll get.

It's can be a pain trying to tune a Floyd. Any time you change tune, you will have to adjust spring tension. I got the point that I just blocked the bridge. So much easier to work with, and I only ever use my Floyd one way. It works out good.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by biga29

dont use this method for christ sake

just get a new set of strings and when you change each string tune it to Eb, then adjust your springs if needed.
dont use this method for christ sake

just get a new set of strings and when you change each string tune it to Eb, then adjust your springs if needed.

Of course it will be needed, your changing the tension of the strings, and if you don't counter by changing the tension of the springs, the bridge will sink ass-end into the guitar and you'll never get it in tune...

Adjusting one string at a time is by far the easiest way for beginners to do this...

Edit: and do you know the easiest way to change strings on an FR? One string at a time, so basically the only difference between your method and mine (the one he shouldn't use for christs sake...) is that you say he may not need to adjust the springs, which is the one thing he will most definitley need to do no matter which tuning method he uses...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Last edited by biga29 at Sep 2, 2010,