I've been recently looking into buying a half stack amplifier to replace my current 32 watt 1 x 10 in VOX.

Currently my needs are: Loud enough for practice and possible small gigs, good crunchy tone (something that would fit in the screamo/metal genre), and right now price wise; somewhere around $200 to $800 would be ideal.

Was also looking at www.guitarcenter.com and found this Marshall halfstack. Do you think that this would be a good buy at all?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG-Series-MG15FXMSDM-Dave-Mustaine-Megastack-Amp-Head-And-Cabinet-430453-i1530543.gc

I would prefer an amp that didn't require any effect pedals.
Last edited by Josh5393 at Sep 1, 2010,
no.

game over, insert coin.

edit: peavey 6505+112 combo gets my vote...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
ahahahaha

well it meets your price range, but none of the other needs. its 3 feet tall, sounds like crap, and its 15 watts. so it'll be quieter than your current amp.

for 2-500, good freakin luck on the halfstack. youre definitely looking used, and even then you're just gonna get a crap amp
Quote by gregs1020
no.

game over, insert coin.

edit: peavey 6505+112 combo gets my vote...

+ Infinity
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Does is have to be a halfstack or is that just because you want it to look cool? (No offence)
With that price range a combo is far better suited for you:

Peavey Windsor 20 - $400
Peavey Vypyr // Tube Vypyr
Jet City JCA20 - Combo or Head + 1x12
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Bugera 6262 / 1990
TS did you change your budget? If so that ruins all my hard work finding you amps below $500 XD
Quote by barnesybaby
Does is have to be a halfstack or is that just because you want it to look cool? (No offence)
With that price range a combo is far better suited for you:

Peavey Windsor 20 - $400
Peavey Vypyr // Tube Vypyr
Jet City JCA20 - Combo or Head + 1x12
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Bugera 6262 / 1990

Umm... My main reason for wanting a half stack is because I needed something louder. I really dont care about looks as long as it functions.
Ok then, well considering your budget, if you want new I think a combo is a better idea. Extension cabs can always be purchased at a later date. If you are willing to buy used then of course there is a huge amount of amps that you could get which have yet to be mentioned. I think the concensus is that the Peavey 6505+ combo is the way forward though