Quick question. What is that technique called that is often used by punk guitarists, pretty much always with distortion, that kind of sounds like a slide with harmonics?

They do it in this AFI song between 0:58 and 1:00, just to provide an example, but I hear it all the time.

My guitar teacher is mostly into jazz and doesn't know, so I was hoping you guys could help. I didn't see anything about it in the stickied techniques thread.
pick slide
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Just sliding.

Most likely a pick slide but you can get the same effect with out a pick by having a lot of gain and no noise gate. it also helps to have the highs and mids up a bit.
is it just a pick scrape down the 6th string?
Jay Turser ES-335 w/ 2 Burstbuckers OR
J&E Custom w Duncan SSL3 and SHL59>
MXR Dynacomp>
Ibanez TS-9>
Dunlop Crybaby>
Fender Hot Rod DeVille 212
effects loop:
Boss BD-2>
Danelectro Vibe>
Boss DD-6>
Morley Volume

my shit screams.
Its just a slide I believe. Not with a pick, but with your fingers. It sounds more 'fluid' if you will. Because there is no scraping, it's just a... I'm having trouble describing it. Imagine a chorus or a flanger effect, but natural sounding. Thats the best I can do for now.

... And if I'm wrong I'm sorry. But I'm 99.99% sure thats it.
Definately a pick scrape

Mmmmmmm Pick scrape...
Uncle aciD


The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Pick scrape
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)