This is my gear right now:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Boss DS-1
VOX CLASSIC WAH

Now, if I'm going to get an amp, I don't need more than 25 W. I mostly play Christian rock at my church, of course.

Now for the effects, I would prefer a distortion or a fuzz. (Distortion to upgrade DS-1.)
And anything else to add for the rock songs.
Church demands brutal distortion. Invest in some top of the line hell-raising effects today, before it's too late.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
I would replace the spider for a tube amp of your choice. You can even buy one of those small 5w and mic it at church.
Honestly, a decent tube amp (which at that wattage should also be affordable) will triple the depth and quality of your sound, the SG is a great guitar but it's really difficult to get it to sing how it should out of a line 6.

Once you've done that, it really depends what sound you're after, if you can dial in a decent enough tone on the new tube you might even want to just opt for a compressor for some boost rather than a new dist pedal, then go for a fuzz pedal (you can never have enough fuzz pedals.)
Budget? New/used?
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Looks like I'm going to go for an amp. My budget is around 300 bucks. However, I'm thinking of getting a new guitar maybe...
Well for that much, you don't have many great options. My advice is to hold on to your $300 and save up a few hundred more. Your options will improve drastically. Take a look at low-wattage tube amps like the Egnater Tweaker, Egnater Rebel, Jet City JCA20, Vox Night Train, etc. You can even look at some of the lower-priced Fender tube amps (some of these aren't 6L6 amps so they won't have that "typical" Fender sound, but they can still be great), some Peaveys, and if you're patient enough to save up about $1000 you could look into the Vox AC15, which is a great amp. The Tweaker, some Fenders, and the AC15 would be great for playing at a church. I suggest checking out some online demos and reviews, as well as pricing. If you go used you get a much better amp for your buck, and as long as it was taken care of should work perfectly. You should also play some of the amps you're interested and get a feel for what tone you're after. When you've done all that and have some more specifics and a better idea of what you want, people on this forum will be much more helpful in assisting you with your amp choice. There's a lot of great knowledge on these forums, but you still have to put in the effort to try out different amps because at the end of the day, it's all about what YOU like.

Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
check out a fender champ, epiphone valve junior, a vox a4tv something like that? those are all really cool all tube amps and they're looks are killer. and for the cheaper ones you could get effects too.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Get a used tube amp combo, nothing big, and lots of pedals, best for church. When you say Christian rock, do you mean like RED, Pillar, Disciple and stuff? Cause thats a different situation.
Def get a new amp. Orange makes sick 30watters. Mic it up and you got a killer tone
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I would definitely get a tube amp. They sound better and last a long time.
A Vox AC4TV would be a great amp, just mic it and you'll be set. Also, get rid of the DS-1 and get an overdrive, they're much better suited for worship music.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Super Champ XD. I bring mine every week for my church's guitarist, and it sounds great, especially now that he bought a Boss ME-25, but the DS-1 will hold you for now (that's what he used until he got the ME.