10 59%
Peavey Windsor Studio 20W used
1 6%
Marshall AVT20X with Distortion Pedal
1 6%
Other
1 6%
Voters: 17.
As you can tell i am on a REALLY tight budget of $300. I play anything from classic rock, to hard rock, to a little death metal like behemoth. I am willing to go used if you chose "other" in the poll. But i don't buy online . my current amp is a marshall MG15FX.
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Sep 1, 2010,
Have you looked at a Peavey Bandit 112?

I just got one and I absolutely love it and it's just in your price range.

It's really loud and I like the tones I can get out of it. I think it's worth a look.

I have an MG and I really don't like it and I personally think a Line 6 sounds way too digital.
Last edited by Hoodlum_Of_Pain at Sep 1, 2010,
You could score a used Peavey Classic 30 or crate V series in that price range. You'd need a pedal to get into death metal territory though. Out of what you said, probably the Valveking or Windsor.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Sep 1, 2010,
Quote by soul_power
You could score a used Peavey Classic 30 or crate V series in that price range. You'd need a pedal to get into death metal territory though. Out of what you said, probably the Valveking or Windsor.

He'd still definitely need to get a boost with the valveking. It's really not voiced for metal... at all. I'm borrowing a buddies, and it barely get's into high gain territory when I boost it. :/
Either the VK or the V75.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by TheDefected
He'd still definitely need to get a boost with the valveking. It's really not voiced for metal... at all. I'm borrowing a buddies, and it barely get's into high gain territory when I boost it. :/

The Windsor as well. I used to own the half stack and it could get pretty gainy but it just didn't have that tight gain found in most metal.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
The Windsor as well. I used to own the half stack and it could get pretty gainy but it just didn't have that tight gain found in most metal.

Well, I'm thinking the Vypyr sounds good for him right aboot nao.
The Windsor is a good amp, and thought about getting it at one time, but I like having clean channels. So I got a VK112. Good amp, but if you can, try and find a Peavey Classic 30 used. That was another amp that was good that I played while amp shopping.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)